Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 12, 2014
11:14:03 AM
HR 34 Freezes: Is Directv on This?

Numerous people have posted on this and other forums regarding HR 34 issues with freezing of recordings. Often the picture will freeze while the sound continues. This has occurred with me numerous times since December on an intermittent basis. My Hr 34 has been flawless for nearly a year prior to December. I do not wish to receive a new box unless it is absolutely necessary. I  have been a DTV customer since 1995, and I am very familiar with these machines.

Is anyone from Directv monitoring this forum as stated? If so, please provide an update on this issue. I have not seen one comment from Directv on this issue, other than a data gathering post on another forum for which no Ditectv tech has officially responded. I have tried every fix posted on every site, and nothing works.

Numerous people have posted on this and other forums regarding HR 34 issues with freezing of recordings. Often the picture will freeze while the sound continues. This has occurred with me numerous times since December on an intermittent basis. My Hr 34 has been flawless for nearly a year prior to December. I do not wish to receive a new box unless it is absolutely necessary. I  have been a DTV customer since 1995, and I am very familiar with these machines.

Is anyone from Directv monitoring this forum as stated? If so, please provide an update on this issue. I have not seen one comment from Directv on this issue, other than a data gathering post on another forum for which no Ditectv tech has officially responded. I have tried every fix posted on every site, and nothing works.

HR 34 Freezes: Is Directv on This?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 11:51:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You won't likely get any official DirecTV response here.   This forum is primarily a customer-to-customer support forum.   At any rate, I do know that they're aware of these "freeze" issues with the HR34, although there can be a variety of causes.   If you've truly exhausted all of the typical troubleshooting stuff, then it's time to request a replacement DVR, ideally an HR44 Genie.

You won't likely get any official DirecTV response here.   This forum is primarily a customer-to-customer support forum.   At any rate, I do know that they're aware of these "freeze" issues with the HR34, although there can be a variety of causes.   If you've truly exhausted all of the typical troubleshooting stuff, then it's time to request a replacement DVR, ideally an HR44 Genie.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HR 34 Freezes: Is Directv on This?

2 of 3 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2014 1:54:08 PM
(0)
Administrator

As for right now there seem to be no reports of Freezing/pixelation on recordings for hr34.. specifically receiver type wise.. i'd give directv a call and report it.. I know you don't want a replacement, but it might be something going on internally.

As for right now there seem to be no reports of Freezing/pixelation on recordings for hr34.. specifically receiver type wise.. i'd give directv a call and report it.. I know you don't want a replacement, but it might be something going on internally.

Re: HR 34 Freezes: Is Directv on This?

3 of 3 (49 Views)