Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 11, 2011
9:38:35 AM
View profile
HD Receiver keeps freezing up

My receiver was working fine this morning, kids were watching the flintstones on Boomerang. I changed the  channel over to my nfl sunday ticket channels to watch pregame, and after a few seconds my receiver completely froze up. This is only happening to my main HD receiver. I can go to my bedroom and everything works fine. I've tried restarting the receiver and resetting the access card by removing the card and pressing the reset button. It makes the receiver come back on, but then it freezes up seconds later.

Hmm new development while writing this, did the access card rest thing again and was typing this while restarting. My kid changed it to nick when it came back on, and no problems. If i turn it back on the nfl sunday ticket channels, it will freeze up again. How do i take care of this? Is this happening to everybody?

My receiver was working fine this morning, kids were watching the flintstones on Boomerang. I changed the  channel over to my nfl sunday ticket channels to watch pregame, and after a few seconds my receiver completely froze up. This is only happening to my main HD receiver. I can go to my bedroom and everything works fine. I've tried restarting the receiver and resetting the access card by removing the card and pressing the reset button. It makes the receiver come back on, but then it freezes up seconds later.

Hmm new development while writing this, did the access card rest thing again and was typing this while restarting. My kid changed it to nick when it came back on, and no problems. If i turn it back on the nfl sunday ticket channels, it will freeze up again. How do i take care of this? Is this happening to everybody?

HD Receiver keeps freezing up

53 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(53)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 9:52:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Same thing here. Our HD receiver is freezing up on NFL Sunday ticket. 3 times now, no wonder it's free.

Same thing here. Our HD receiver is freezing up on NFL Sunday ticket. 3 times now, no wonder it's free.

Re: HD Receiver keeps freezing up

2 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 9:55:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having the same exact problem. All was working fine this morning, turned on sunday ticket pregame and reciever freezes up. Reset a number of times but keeps freezing up. On hold now 12+ minutes to try to get some help. I can't imagine what the bars are going through if this is a systems problem throughout. Yikes. If I ever get a human on the line that can help..I'll be back to fill you in

I'm having the same exact problem. All was working fine this morning, turned on sunday ticket pregame and reciever freezes up. Reset a number of times but keeps freezing up. On hold now 12+ minutes to try to get some help. I can't imagine what the bars are going through if this is a systems problem throughout. Yikes. If I ever get a human on the line that can help..I'll be back to fill you in

3 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 9:55:43 AM
(0)
Employee

best to post these queries on the NFL broadcast forums

best to post these queries on the NFL broadcast forums

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 9:57:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same issue also

I'm having the same issue also

5 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:05:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

Exact same here, thought it was my receiver messing up!  Guess I won't be watching the free Sunday ticketYell

Exact same here, thought it was my receiver messing up!  Guess I won't be watching the free Sunday ticketYell

6 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:05:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just talked with customer service and this is in fact a systems problem that has been reported effecting things nationally. They suggest to keep checking back periodically to see when they have it fixed...Good luck all..Go Eagles!!

Just talked with customer service and this is in fact a systems problem that has been reported effecting things nationally. They suggest to keep checking back periodically to see when they have it fixed...Good luck all..Go Eagles!!

7 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:09:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same thing here, but my other TV's get it upstairs with no problem. All I did this morning was add Showtime to my account at 9am. I have already reset my receiver twice and nadda. I pay for this service and its not free for me. Tis is ridiculous!

Same thing here, but my other TV's get it upstairs with no problem. All I did this morning was add Showtime to my account at 9am. I have already reset my receiver twice and nadda. I pay for this service and its not free for me. Tis is ridiculous!

8 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:11:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

Are all your other tvs hooked up to an HD reciever? I'm getting the nfl ticket on a standard reciever in another room.

Are all your other tvs hooked up to an HD reciever? I'm getting the nfl ticket on a standard reciever in another room.

9 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:12:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks Connollk1 for the fail response from DirecTV.

Thanks Connollk1 for the fail response from DirecTV.

10 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:12:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

My standrad receiver works fine as well.

My standrad receiver works fine as well.

11 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:13:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem here in San Diego, i'm a paying customer too, ridiculous

Same problem here in San Diego, i'm a paying customer too, ridiculous

12 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:16:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the same issue. Except nothing is working at all now!!!!!

I am having the same issue. Except nothing is working at all now!!!!!

13 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:18:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

Everything keeps freezing, have 22 recievers for my store and all keep freezing.  Located in Austin, maybe thats why they gave it out free this year cuz they knew they were going to have probelms.

Everything keeps freezing, have 22 recievers for my store and all keep freezing.  Located in Austin, maybe thats why they gave it out free this year cuz they knew they were going to have probelms.

14 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:20:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

my non-HD setup in the bedroom is working fine, looks to be just an HD issue

my non-HD setup in the bedroom is working fine, looks to be just an HD issue

15 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:20:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

Non HD receiver in bedroom is working and on mobile device working as well. HD receivers appear to be the only problem. Gotta love how Directv decides not to say anything on the website about the problem. 

Non HD receiver in bedroom is working and on mobile device working as well. HD receivers appear to be the only problem. Gotta love how Directv decides not to say anything on the website about the problem. 

16 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:20:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I smell a refund

I smell a refund

17 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:21:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same problem. Second time I'm waiting for the box to reboot. Very annoying!

I am having the same problem. Second time I'm waiting for the box to reboot. Very annoying!

18 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:23:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

same problem in Santa Barbara.  I tried calling customer service which is a joke.  After transfer, busy signal and then cut off 4 times now..

same problem in Santa Barbara.  I tried calling customer service which is a joke.  After transfer, busy signal and then cut off 4 times now..

19 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:30:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Keep checking the NFL Broadcast Forum here ....

http://forums.directv.com/pe/elementDisplayRedirect.jsp?elementID=10577031

Keep checking the NFL Broadcast Forum here ....

http://forums.directv.com/pe/elementDisplayRedirect.jsp?elementID=10577031

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

20 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:30:35 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same issue in Champaign, IL.  NFL Sunday Ticket is working fine in HD on two HR22 DVRs.  On H22 non-DVR receivers, non-NFLST channels are fine, but after switching to an NFLST channel, the video locks up after 5-10 seconds.  Receiver menus are still functional but the receiver will no longer receive video or audio on any channel.  Have been on hold for about 30 minutes--clearly not one of DirecTV's better moments.

Same issue in Champaign, IL.  NFL Sunday Ticket is working fine in HD on two HR22 DVRs.  On H22 non-DVR receivers, non-NFLST channels are fine, but after switching to an NFLST channel, the video locks up after 5-10 seconds.  Receiver menus are still functional but the receiver will no longer receive video or audio on any channel.  Have been on hold for about 30 minutes--clearly not one of DirecTV's better moments.

21 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:35:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

We are having the same problem here in Louisiana.  My son rarely has a Sunday off and was excited about using the Sunday Ticket to see all the games with his Dad.  We too are long time Direct TV customers who PAID to have this service. I smell a refund.  C'mon Direct TV take care of your loyal customers.

We are having the same problem here in Louisiana.  My son rarely has a Sunday off and was excited about using the Sunday Ticket to see all the games with his Dad.  We too are long time Direct TV customers who PAID to have this service. I smell a refund.  C'mon Direct TV take care of your loyal customers.

22 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:38:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem here, this is happening on my non-dvr HD receiver, my DVR receiver is working fine.It started when I tune to an NFL ticket channel, I'm a long time paying customer in the Houston area.  Anyone find a fix?

Same problem here, this is happening on my non-dvr HD receiver, my DVR receiver is working fine.It started when I tune to an NFL ticket channel, I'm a long time paying customer in the Houston area.  Anyone find a fix?

23 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:39:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

same thing in Missouri

same thing in Missouri

24 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:40:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

same problem in iowa, what a fukin joke

same problem in iowa, what a fukin joke

25 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:41:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

fyi - NFL ticket works only on my standard receive.  HD - freezes up continually.

fyi - NFL ticket works only on my standard receive.  HD - freezes up continually.

26 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:42:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

same, disappointing, here's your free version.  I'd be really angry if I was paying for the season. 

same, disappointing, here's your free version.  I'd be really angry if I was paying for the season. 

27 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:43:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try the fix posted here in the NFL Broadcast Forum ....

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread?rootPostID=10938336&channelID=1&portalPageId=1002

Try the fix posted here in the NFL Broadcast Forum ....

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread?rootPostID=10938336&channelID=1&portalPageId=1002

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

28 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:44:41 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same issue - I am so mad! I only have one receiver.

I'm having the same issue - I am so mad! I only have one receiver.

29 of 54 (1,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2011 10:46:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

same in FL - AAAAAAGGH!

same in FL - AAAAAAGGH!

30 of 54 (1,691 Views)