Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 20, 2014
1:53:50 PM
View profile
HBO GO, STARZPLAY, SHOWTIMENOW, ETC. not recognizing my Direct TV Subscription to these Channels

I have called multiple times to Directtv technical support/ account authorization/ management and all have been puzzled/ unable to resolve that HBO GO/(all my premium channel streaming sites) is not recognizing my long time subscription to HBO when I have tried to Sign up with HBO GO using my Direct TV.com email and password. On 2.16.14 I set up my Direct TV online account and have no problem accessing all of my settings and account info. Then when I went to HBOGO.com, and clicked sign up- chose Direct TV as my provider- and entered my email/password it prompted the following note(and still till this day does):

PLEASE NOTE:

It appears that your DIRECTV subscription does not include HBO. HBO GO is available free to DIRECTV customers who subscribe to HBO. To sign up for HBO and start using HBO GO, or if you think you received this message in error, please visit www.directv.com or call DIRECTV directly at 1-800-531-5000.

I have called Direct TV and spoke to a representative, then technical support, then account authorization, then back to technical support/supervisors. Nobody can seem to figure out why HBO GO will not recognize my subscription and grant me access. They have tried to sync and then re-sync my account multiple times and we have tried to access HBO GO on multiple platforms: MacBook Pro running Mavericks, iPhone 5 running 7.04, iPad running 6 and nothing has gotten through the sign up and onto the site.

reference: 58499869

-CARVALHO

I have called multiple times to Directtv technical support/ account authorization/ management and all have been puzzled/ unable to resolve that HBO GO/(all my premium channel streaming sites) is not recognizing my long time subscription to HBO when I have tried to Sign up with HBO GO using my Direct TV.com email and password. On 2.16.14 I set up my Direct TV online account and have no problem accessing all of my settings and account info. Then when I went to HBOGO.com, and clicked sign up- chose Direct TV as my provider- and entered my email/password it prompted the following note(and still till this day does):

PLEASE NOTE:

It appears that your DIRECTV subscription does not include HBO. HBO GO is available free to DIRECTV customers who subscribe to HBO. To sign up for HBO and start using HBO GO, or if you think you received this message in error, please visit www.directv.com or call DIRECTV directly at 1-800-531-5000.

I have called Direct TV and spoke to a representative, then technical support, then account authorization, then back to technical support/supervisors. Nobody can seem to figure out why HBO GO will not recognize my subscription and grant me access. They have tried to sync and then re-sync my account multiple times and we have tried to access HBO GO on multiple platforms: MacBook Pro running Mavericks, iPhone 5 running 7.04, iPad running 6 and nothing has gotten through the sign up and onto the site.

reference: 58499869

-CARVALHO

HBO GO, STARZPLAY, SHOWTIMENOW, ETC. not recognizing my Direct TV Subscription to these Channels

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 2:24:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

does the DIRECTV everywhere app work and sees your HD/DVR?

does the DIRECTV everywhere app work and sees your HD/DVR?

Re: HBO GO, STARZPLAY, SHOWTIMENOW, ETC. not recognizing my Direct TV Subscription to these Channels

2 of 6 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 2:41:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am able to watch basic cable programming on directtv.com. When I go into the premium networks I am subscribed to it will prompt:

HBO

You are already subscribed.

but when I click on shows that are available cross platforms it prompts:

Not available with your current programming package.

| 1501You can enjoy this and many other programs by upgrading your programming. Go ----------------to explore available subscriptions.

I was told multiple times that my Receivers/HDDVRS do not need to be connected to the internet in order for me to access DirectTV Everywhere/HBO/STARZplay etc. on my computer/ipad/iphone etc.

I am able to watch basic cable programming on directtv.com. When I go into the premium networks I am subscribed to it will prompt:

HBO

You are already subscribed.

but when I click on shows that are available cross platforms it prompts:

Not available with your current programming package.

| 1501You can enjoy this and many other programs by upgrading your programming. Go ----------------to explore available subscriptions.

I was told multiple times that my Receivers/HDDVRS do not need to be connected to the internet in order for me to access DirectTV Everywhere/HBO/STARZplay etc. on my computer/ipad/iphone etc.

Re: HBO GO, STARZPLAY, SHOWTIMENOW, ETC. not recognizing my Direct TV Subscription to these Channels

3 of 6 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 4:40:25 AM
(0)
Expert

The trick is to have the CSR remove all programming authorizations on your account then set them up anew.  The folks you've talked to thus far may never have seen this problem before but we have seen it here a handful of times.  Somehow, when your account was setup, the authorizations did not reach the server that covers the HBOGo and similar sites.  As near as I can tell, there is no way to renew just that portion but reauthorizing your entire account has worked for others.

The trick is to have the CSR remove all programming authorizations on your account then set them up anew.  The folks you've talked to thus far may never have seen this problem before but we have seen it here a handful of times.  Somehow, when your account was setup, the authorizations did not reach the server that covers the HBOGo and similar sites.  As near as I can tell, there is no way to renew just that portion but reauthorizing your entire account has worked for others.

4 of 6 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 9:08:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

This worked!!!

This worked!!!

5 of 6 (164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 1:51:07 PM
(0)
Expert

Great.  It had worked in the past for the same problem.  Glad to see you up and running.  Please mark the question as answered.

Great.  It had worked in the past for the same problem.  Glad to see you up and running.  Please mark the question as answered.

6 of 6 (164 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments