Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 16, 2013
1:22:58 PM
View profile
Guide Info Missing

Hi Folks, I have a new receiver that was installed a few months ago... everything went fine on the install and now it just started to lose the guide info this past week. Any thoughts?

Hi Folks, I have a new receiver that was installed a few months ago... everything went fine on the install and now it just started to lose the guide info this past week. Any thoughts?

Guide Info Missing

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 1:39:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model Receiver/DVR?  Look for the label on the rear panel or behind the front panel access card door.

Do you have other Receiver/DVRs?  Do they have the same problem?

Is all of the Guide Data missing?  Just some channels?  Just after a few days?

Who installed the Receiver?

What model Receiver/DVR?  Look for the label on the rear panel or behind the front panel access card door.

Do you have other Receiver/DVRs?  Do they have the same problem?

Is all of the Guide Data missing?  Just some channels?  Just after a few days?

Who installed the Receiver?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Guide Info Missing

2 of 8 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 7:21:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

It is a HR21-200. I do have another Rec/DVR and that one is working fine.

All of the guide info states regular programming. It just started to do this and I installed it myself 3 months ago and was working fine until the other day.

It is a HR21-200. I do have another Rec/DVR and that one is working fine.

All of the guide info states regular programming. It just started to do this and I installed it myself 3 months ago and was working fine until the other day.

3 of 8 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 7:27:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I would start by making sure the right dish has been selected under the the "satellite settings"

I would start by making sure the right dish has been selected under the the "satellite settings"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:47:23 AM
(0)
Expert

Press and hold the info button on both a working receiver and the problem one.  As Ped's suggested, you can then compare the dish type you have in the setup.

Press and hold the info button on both a working receiver and the problem one.  As Ped's suggested, you can then compare the dish type you have in the setup.

5 of 8 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 9:54:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks. They were both on the same setting... so I changed nothing. Funny thing is that it seems to be working now. But recently I've seen an error 920 "receiver hasn't retrived guide info in X hours" Any idea on that one?

Thanks. They were both on the same setting... so I changed nothing. Funny thing is that it seems to be working now. But recently I've seen an error 920 "receiver hasn't retrived guide info in X hours" Any idea on that one?

6 of 8 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 10:20:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
What is the model of the other receiver?

what type of dish do you have?

What is the model of the other receiver?

what type of dish do you have?

7 of 8 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 12:11:11 PM
(0)
Expert

As Peds indicates, that message is usually caused by having the wrong dish model selected OR a 5 LNB dish has the line of sight to the 119 satellite blocked.

SL3 LNB DIRECTV SL3-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Triple LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL3-SWM) from Solid...

SL5 LNB http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=sl5&d=directv-sl5-slimline-five-lnb-ka/ku-slim-line-lnb-for-s...

As Peds indicates, that message is usually caused by having the wrong dish model selected OR a 5 LNB dish has the line of sight to the 119 satellite blocked.

SL3 LNB DIRECTV SL3-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Triple LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL3-SWM) from Solid Signal

SL5 LNB http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=sl5&d=directv-sl5-slimline-five-lnb-ka/ku-slim-line-lnb-for-satellite-dish-(sl5)&…

8 of 8 (18 Views)