Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 10, 2014
10:41:32 AM
View profile
Genie mini vs separate receiver

I'm about to upgrade my HR24+H24 system to a Genie.  I have had a few hiccups with the HR24, and subsequently have to run to the other room and watch on the H24.

So, my question is:  Wouldn't it be better to replace only the HR24 with a Genie, and keep the H24 for redundancy?  (I don't really need the Whole-home DVR functionality).

I'm about to upgrade my HR24+H24 system to a Genie.  I have had a few hiccups with the HR24, and subsequently have to run to the other room and watch on the H24.

So, my question is:  Wouldn't it be better to replace only the HR24 with a Genie, and keep the H24 for redundancy?  (I don't really need the Whole-home DVR functionality).

Genie mini vs separate receiver

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 10:46:45 AM
(0)
Mentor

I would keep the dvr and replace the regular hd receiver.  That way you keep the recordings, have additional HDD space and the independent dvr would not be reliant on the Genie for programming.

I would keep the dvr and replace the regular hd receiver.  That way you keep the recordings, have additional HDD space and the independent dvr would not be reliant on the Genie for programming.

Re: Genie mini vs separate receiver

2 of 5 (76 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 11:46:02 AM
(0)
Teacher

Wouldn't they charge me extra for 2 DVR's?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM, nolagoat <directv-admin@forums.directv.com

Wouldn't they charge me extra for 2 DVR's?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:47 AM, nolagoat <directv-admin@forums.directv.com

3 of 5 (76 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 11:59:26 AM
(0)
Professor

Yes there is a $6 a month fee for additional TVs you are already paying it for the H24 and the fee applies to the mini clients and DVRs

Yes there is a $6 a month fee for additional TVs you are already paying it for the H24 and the fee applies to the mini clients and DVRs

4 of 5 (76 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 12:08:49 PM
(0)
Expert

There is but one DVR fee per account.  There is the $6 charge referenced but that would apply to either the HR24 or the H24.  Keep the HR24 and sign up for whole home, you'll be glad you did.

There is but one DVR fee per account.  There is the $6 charge referenced but that would apply to either the HR24 or the H24.  Keep the HR24 and sign up for whole home, you'll be glad you did.

5 of 5 (76 Views)