Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 14, 2014
6:45:13 PM
Genie dropping network connection:possible solution for wireless networks

Hello,

Having gone through weeks of my Genie HR44 dropping its wireless network connection and having to go through internet setup several times to reestablish the link, I've made one change that has made all the difference.

While setting up a network connection between my router and the Genie, I had been pushing the "WPS" button on the router and allowing the DVR and router to link automatically.

However, when I used the manual procedure (entering the password key for the router using the remote), the connection was made successfully and continued uninterrupted since.

I've seen suggestions for switching to ethernet and even powerline network adapters but I didn't see any mention of this possible solution. Just wanted to share that for anyone in a similar situation.

Hello,

Having gone through weeks of my Genie HR44 dropping its wireless network connection and having to go through internet setup several times to reestablish the link, I've made one change that has made all the difference.

While setting up a network connection between my router and the Genie, I had been pushing the "WPS" button on the router and allowing the DVR and router to link automatically.

However, when I used the manual procedure (entering the password key for the router using the remote), the connection was made successfully and continued uninterrupted since.

I've seen suggestions for switching to ethernet and even powerline network adapters but I didn't see any mention of this possible solution. Just wanted to share that for anyone in a similar situation.

Genie dropping network connection:possible solution for wireless networks

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2014 7:41:19 PM
(0)
Professor

Hope it continues to work for you but automatically or manually connecting shouldn't make any difference in the signal strength. You may want to look into a wireless extender.

Hope it continues to work for you but automatically or manually connecting shouldn't make any difference in the signal strength. You may want to look into a wireless extender.

Re: Genie dropping network connection:possible solution for wireless networks

2 of 2 (13 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments