Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 30, 2013
6:43:34 PM
View profile
Genie Mini "client" not connecting to Server.

We had DirectTV installed last Friday.  It's worked fine for 3 days.  Today, the Mini in the bedroom lost its connection.  Not sure what happened as it was working - I left the bedroom to go check on some things, came back to no TV.  I've reset and it comes back on with a green light, then says it's looking for the server, then just goes to a blank screen.  All of the connections are tight and the Main Genie in the living room is working fine.  Nothing has changed in the three days since the install.  Please advise.

We had DirectTV installed last Friday.  It's worked fine for 3 days.  Today, the Mini in the bedroom lost its connection.  Not sure what happened as it was working - I left the bedroom to go check on some things, came back to no TV.  I've reset and it comes back on with a green light, then says it's looking for the server, then just goes to a blank screen.  All of the connections are tight and the Main Genie in the living room is working fine.  Nothing has changed in the three days since the install.  Please advise.

Genie Mini "client" not connecting to Server.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 7:24:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Also reset the Genie HD DVR (red button behind front panel access card door).

Also reset the Genie HD DVR (red button behind front panel access card door).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie Mini "client" not connecting to Server.

2 of 4 (263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 2:00:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

Having the same problem. Reset both genie and mini genie, main genie works without issue always. mini genie not getting IP address. Very confused about how the mini genie is supposed to get the wifi config from the main genie without a physical connection, or being able to connect to the main genie. I hate how there is no help whatsoever on this topic.

Having the same problem. Reset both genie and mini genie, main genie works without issue always. mini genie not getting IP address. Very confused about how the mini genie is supposed to get the wifi config from the main genie without a physical connection, or being able to connect to the main genie. I hate how there is no help whatsoever on this topic.

3 of 4 (263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 4:59:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Best to start your own new thread with more details about your DirecTV equipment, especially model numbers.   Only one version of the C41 mini Genie has built-in WiFi. The others do indeed require a connection to the main Genie DVR via the satellite coax.

Best to start your own new thread with more details about your DirecTV equipment, especially model numbers.   Only one version of the C41 mini Genie has built-in WiFi. The others do indeed require a connection to the main Genie DVR via the satellite coax.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (263 Views)