Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Apr 2, 2014
5:07:43 PM
Genie Mini gets stuck when trying to fast forward thru a commercial.

We have an HR44-500 DVR and a Genie Mini C41-700.   When using the Genie Mini, several times each hour when trying to fast forward through a commercial, the picture freezes and I have to push the right arrow button to get it to unfreeze.  Sometimes I can continue to fast forward by pushing the fast forward button and sometimes it will not fast forward.  Oddly, it seems to happen a lot when that kitty litter commercial comes on.   Are there certain ads that Direct won't let us skip through.  I have unplugged both units and reset them and it does not seem to help.   Thanks in advance for your comments and possible fixes.

We have an HR44-500 DVR and a Genie Mini C41-700.   When using the Genie Mini, several times each hour when trying to fast forward through a commercial, the picture freezes and I have to push the right arrow button to get it to unfreeze.  Sometimes I can continue to fast forward by pushing the fast forward button and sometimes it will not fast forward.  Oddly, it seems to happen a lot when that kitty litter commercial comes on.   Are there certain ads that Direct won't let us skip through.  I have unplugged both units and reset them and it does not seem to help.   Thanks in advance for your comments and possible fixes.

Genie Mini gets stuck when trying to fast forward thru a commercial.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 5:42:57 PM
(0)
Guru

Some have conspiracy theories

Others think it's a glitch that will be fixed in a future software fix

I see it all the time a lot of

People report that same glitch

Some have conspiracy theories

Others think it's a glitch that will be fixed in a future software fix

I see it all the time a lot of

People report that same glitch

Re: Genie Mini gets stuck when trying to fast forward thru a commercial.

2 of 5 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 6:15:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Is a bug with locally inserted commercials.  hopefully it gets fixed soon

Is a bug with locally inserted commercials.  hopefully it gets fixed soon

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 5:39:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am also having the same problem. It seems like specific commercials and has also happens during the commercial/local weather blurp right before the show comes back on. It is very frustrating. esp since I have to hit the play button to get out of the frozen scene - then it will rewind several frames and If I attempt to fast forward again I become stuck in the same cycle. It is as if someone is Paying Direct TV to force us to watch certain scenes/commercial... Seems very sneeky and underhanded... 

I am also having the same problem. It seems like specific commercials and has also happens during the commercial/local weather blurp right before the show comes back on. It is very frustrating. esp since I have to hit the play button to get out of the frozen scene - then it will rewind several frames and If I attempt to fast forward again I become stuck in the same cycle. It is as if someone is Paying Direct TV to force us to watch certain scenes/commercial... Seems very sneeky and underhanded... 

4 of 5 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 5:44:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

see post above yours

see post above yours

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (8 Views)