Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 31, 2013
6:14:38 AM
View profile
Genie HD DVR not working

I am new to DirecTV. My installation was 3 weeks ago. I have a Genie HD DVR HR-44-700 and a Genie Mini. I woke up this morning and the Genie is not working. There are no blue lights on the front. I have a green power light on at the back of the Genie. There is a humming noise, similar to a person breathing on and off.

I called customer service. After unplugging receiver, re-setting receiver and other simple steps, the problem was not resolved. Technical service cannot come out until tomorrow.

I specifically signed on for DirecTV service for football season. With the opening of college football today, I am a pretty upset customer.

Is there anything solution to the receiver problem?

I am new to DirecTV. My installation was 3 weeks ago. I have a Genie HD DVR HR-44-700 and a Genie Mini. I woke up this morning and the Genie is not working. There are no blue lights on the front. I have a green power light on at the back of the Genie. There is a humming noise, similar to a person breathing on and off.

I called customer service. After unplugging receiver, re-setting receiver and other simple steps, the problem was not resolved. Technical service cannot come out until tomorrow.

I specifically signed on for DirecTV service for football season. With the opening of college football today, I am a pretty upset customer.

Is there anything solution to the receiver problem?

Genie HD DVR not working

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 8:07:38 AM
(0)
Expert

It appears that your Genie had a major failure.  Unfortunately, without the Genie, the Mini Clients won't operate.  This won't help you today, but I like to have one HD receiver in addition to the Genie in an installation so you have a back up unit.

It appears that your Genie had a major failure.  Unfortunately, without the Genie, the Mini Clients won't operate.  This won't help you today, but I like to have one HD receiver in addition to the Genie in an installation so you have a back up unit.

Re: Genie HD DVR not working

2 of 3 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 7:50:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

The Genie was replaced. According to the technician, the Genie was a lemon. Only lasted 2 weeks.

The Genie was replaced. According to the technician, the Genie was a lemon. Only lasted 2 weeks.

Re: Genie HD DVR not working

3 of 3 (18 Views)