Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 15, 2013
6:37:53 AM
View profile
Fox Sports 1 Channel and Package Requirements

I just saw today that Directv and Fox have come to an agreement on the new Fox Sports 1 channel.  Can anyone tell me what channel that will be on Directv and what package is required to get Fox Sports 1?

Thanks,

Rich

I just saw today that Directv and Fox have come to an agreement on the new Fox Sports 1 channel.  Can anyone tell me what channel that will be on Directv and what package is required to get Fox Sports 1?

Thanks,

Rich

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 15, 2013 8:12:56 AM
(0)
Mentor

yeap Fox Sport 1 is going to be channel 219 and it will be on Directv as of 08/17 on choice and up packages.

Accepted Solution

Fox Sports 1 Channel and Package Requirements

17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 7:45:12 AM
(0)
Guru

On the Fox sports website it says channel 219.

On the Fox sports website it says channel 219.

Re: Fox Sports 1 Channel and Package Requirements

2 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 8:03:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

Awesome - thanks!

Awesome - thanks!

3 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 15, 2013 8:12:56 AM
(0)
Mentor

yeap Fox Sport 1 is going to be channel 219 and it will be on Directv as of 08/17 on choice and up packages.

4 of 18 (947 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 9:17:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

Why doesn't the guide reflect the Fox Sports 1 programming??  For example, I want to record MotoGP that is on at 11:00 AM Sunday and the guide is not even close to having the correct information.

Why doesn't the guide reflect the Fox Sports 1 programming??  For example, I want to record MotoGP that is on at 11:00 AM Sunday and the guide is not even close to having the correct information.

5 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 9:29:11 AM
(0)
Guru

They don't start until tomorrow.

They don't start until tomorrow.

6 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 9:30:05 AM
(0)
Expert

Patience:  The Guide is still showing the MAVTV lineup, not Fox Sports 1

Patience:  The Guide is still showing the MAVTV lineup, not Fox Sports 1

7 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 5:42:33 AM
(0)
Tutor

At 8:36 AM the channel has still not switched, apparently.  I am not at home so I recorded the show on 219 that was listed (It was something I wanted to watch).  I watched it back just now on GenieGo (at least that worked!!!) and I recorded the listed show from MAVTV, not Fox Sports 1.   I guess more patience is required.  No point in trying anything else until DTV gets this right. 

At 8:36 AM the channel has still not switched, apparently.  I am not at home so I recorded the show on 219 that was listed (It was something I wanted to watch).  I watched it back just now on GenieGo (at least that worked!!!) and I recorded the listed show from MAVTV, not Fox Sports 1.   I guess more patience is required.  No point in trying anything else until DTV gets this right. 

8 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 5:31:33 AM
(0)
Guru

I had 4 DVRS that made the switch and one that didn't, I had to do a reset for 219 to show up in CIG.

I had 4 DVRS that made the switch and one that didn't, I had to do a reset for 219 to show up in CIG.

9 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 3:03:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

So.....here it is Sunday night, and the switch happened at 6:00 AM Saturday.  I am away from home so I can't physically see if channel 219 comes on, or what is there.  The Directv website guide that we can use to program the DVR shows NO programming available so the DVR can't be programmed to see anything on Fox Sports.  I REALLY wanted to record MotoGP today that was on from 11:00 -3:00 since I was physically at the speedway and I would like see the action we missed.  Not to be.  I kept checking the Directv app on my phone, but it said the same thing.  My guess is the online guide on the Genie shows nothing also, but I just don't know.   Oh well, I guess they will eventually get it rignt, now that I missed what I really wanted to record.

So.....here it is Sunday night, and the switch happened at 6:00 AM Saturday.  I am away from home so I can't physically see if channel 219 comes on, or what is there.  The Directv website guide that we can use to program the DVR shows NO programming available so the DVR can't be programmed to see anything on Fox Sports.  I REALLY wanted to record MotoGP today that was on from 11:00 -3:00 since I was physically at the speedway and I would like see the action we missed.  Not to be.  I kept checking the Directv app on my phone, but it said the same thing.  My guess is the online guide on the Genie shows nothing also, but I just don't know.   Oh well, I guess they will eventually get it rignt, now that I missed what I really wanted to record.

10 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 3:17:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is showing on all my receivers

It is showing on all my receivers

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 5:30:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is your guide showing the correct information?  All I can see is what they have on their website and is says no information available.  We will be home tomorrow and then I will know what the Genie says.

Is your guide showing the correct information?  All I can see is what they have on their website and is says no information available.  We will be home tomorrow and then I will know what the Genie says.

12 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 5:40:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

With my Directv it is showing on channel 219.  If U got speed channel,  then U will probably get it.  I believe FS2 is on 218/

With my Directv it is showing on channel 219.  If U got speed channel,  then U will probably get it.  I believe FS2 is on 218/

13 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 6:00:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

yes it is.

yes it is.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

14 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 1:32:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Home now and all is well.  The online Guide was fixed at 7:00 AM when I checked from daughter's house.  I was able to set recordings for the races I missed and the Guide on the Genie was correct when we returned home.  Issue solved.  Thanks for your help.

Home now and all is well.  The online Guide was fixed at 7:00 AM when I checked from daughter's house.  I was able to set recordings for the races I missed and the Guide on the Genie was correct when we returned home.  Issue solved.  Thanks for your help.

15 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 1:57:18 PM
(0)
Guru

Glad it worked out, enjoy!

Glad it worked out, enjoy!

16 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 1:58:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

FS2 is on 618.

FS2 is on 618.

17 of 18 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 6:05:46 AM
(0)
Expert

You're welcome.  When the channel lineup changes it always takes some time for the guide to catch up.  If you feel your question was answered correctly would you check the answered box?

You're welcome.  When the channel lineup changes it always takes some time for the guide to catch up.  If you feel your question was answered correctly would you check the answered box?

18 of 18 (947 Views)