Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 4, 2013
6:40:18 AM
Fast forward/reverse with Genie (HR34)

When you are fast forwarding past commercials and you see the program start and hit the play button it skips ahead a little bit instead of skipping backwards a few seconds. So then you have to reverse to get back to the start of the program and when you see the start and hit play it skips a little farther in reverse further into the commercials so you either have to sit and wait for it to get back to the program or
fast forward on 1 and hope you can hit the play button fast enough to not go past the beginning. This is different from older models such as the HR23 which always jumps back a little when you see the commercials are finally over and you hit the play button. I have rebooted several times with no change. The DTV person I spoke to on the phone was unaware or any issues. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?
Receiver Model is HR34 not listed below to select

When you are fast forwarding past commercials and you see the program start and hit the play button it skips ahead a little bit instead of skipping backwards a few seconds. So then you have to reverse to get back to the start of the program and when you see the start and hit play it skips a little farther in reverse further into the commercials so you either have to sit and wait for it to get back to the program or
fast forward on 1 and hope you can hit the play button fast enough to not go past the beginning. This is different from older models such as the HR23 which always jumps back a little when you see the commercials are finally over and you hit the play button. I have rebooted several times with no change. The DTV person I spoke to on the phone was unaware or any issues. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?
Receiver Model is HR34 not listed below to select

Fast forward/reverse with Genie (HR34)

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 8:56:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's a bug with the HR34.  Try resetting the HR34.  That should help for a while.   

It's a bug with the HR34.  Try resetting the HR34.  That should help for a while.   

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Fast forward/reverse with Genie (HR34)

2 of 4 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 12:15:25 PM
(0)
Expert

My HR34 drops back just the right amount to fit my response time on FF x2.  Apparently all the HR34's don't have the same quirks.

My HR34 drops back just the right amount to fit my response time on FF x2.  Apparently all the HR34's don't have the same quirks.

3 of 4 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 2:39:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sometimes my HR34 will stop behaving correctly when FF'ing at 2, 3 or 4x.  Resetting the HR34 seems to cure it. 

Sometimes my HR34 will stop behaving correctly when FF'ing at 2, 3 or 4x.  Resetting the HR34 seems to cure it. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (87 Views)