Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 7, 2014
1:52:42 PM
View profile
Error 775/SWM issue

I was just watching tv, went out to have a cigarette, came back in and I had Error 775 pop up. I checked all the connections and everything is tight. Not having bad weather so that's not the issue. Tried restarting the box and no luck. I then went to check the SWM box since from what I found, that could be the issue. Looking at it, the green light is not on. I tried unplugging it and waiting for a bit and plugging it back in. Still no light of any kind. I tried plugging it into a different outlet that is working and still no light, so I am assuming the SWM has burnt out or something? Not sure what to do now. Can I buy a new one somewhere or do I have to make an appointment and have someone come out?

I was just watching tv, went out to have a cigarette, came back in and I had Error 775 pop up. I checked all the connections and everything is tight. Not having bad weather so that's not the issue. Tried restarting the box and no luck. I then went to check the SWM box since from what I found, that could be the issue. Looking at it, the green light is not on. I tried unplugging it and waiting for a bit and plugging it back in. Still no light of any kind. I tried plugging it into a different outlet that is working and still no light, so I am assuming the SWM has burnt out or something? Not sure what to do now. Can I buy a new one somewhere or do I have to make an appointment and have someone come out?

Error 775/SWM issue

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 2:00:27 PM
(0)
Scholar
  • Before you unplugged the power inserter, was LED lit as solid green or blinking green?
  • If plugging back the SWM to any power outlet does not lit the LED on it, then it is possible it needs replacement. Was there any physical damage to the SWM's power cable?
  • Before you unplugged the power inserter, was LED lit as solid green or blinking green?
  • If plugging back the SWM to any power outlet does not lit the LED on it, then it is possible it needs replacement. Was there any physical damage to the SWM's power cable?

Re: Error 775/SWM issue

2 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 2:04:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

I do not believe there was any light coming from it before I unplugged it. No damage to the cord as it is all sitting behind a bookshelf where nothing, like my cat, could've gotten to it to damage it.

I do not believe there was any light coming from it before I unplugged it. No damage to the cord as it is all sitting behind a bookshelf where nothing, like my cat, could've gotten to it to damage it.

3 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 3:37:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Then you need to call DirecTV for a service call or if you want to purchase it yourself; there is always Solid Signal to purchase it since it has a label for the model number of that SWM adapter.

Then you need to call DirecTV for a service call or if you want to purchase it yourself; there is always Solid Signal to purchase it since it has a label for the model number of that SWM adapter.

4 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 3:51:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok thanks. I would rather not have to call and wait multiple days for them to come out just to give me a new one.

So can I go get one at best buy or something like that?

Ok thanks. I would rather not have to call and wait multiple days for them to come out just to give me a new one.

So can I go get one at best buy or something like that?

5 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 3:57:44 PM
(0)
Scholar

If you have a protection plan, then you would get a free service call and any replacements, if deemed needed and necessary, are included.

I think that is not available at Bestbuy. Your best bet is via SolidSignal's website. Try a Web search for "SolidSignal" and it should come up on top of the search results.

If you have a protection plan, then you would get a free service call and any replacements, if deemed needed and necessary, are included.

I think that is not available at Bestbuy. Your best bet is via SolidSignal's website. Try a Web search for "SolidSignal" and it should come up on top of the search results.

6 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 4:10:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Disconnect the cable that is connected to "PWR to SWM" while making sure the power inserter is connected to AC.  Does the green LED comes back on?

Disconnect the cable that is connected to "PWR to SWM" while making sure the power inserter is connected to AC.  Does the green LED comes back on?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2014 6:27:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well, we went out for dinner and came back. Tried unplugging the SWM and plugging it back in like I did earlier and this time it worked. Weird, but it's working now so I guess we'll hope it continues. Thanks for the help!

Well, we went out for dinner and came back. Tried unplugging the SWM and plugging it back in like I did earlier and this time it worked. Weird, but it's working now so I guess we'll hope it continues. Thanks for the help!

8 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 8:07:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

Interesting fix on that power inserter. Does the LED indicates the connection for the coax cable or is that an indicator whether the power inserter itself is fried or not?

Interesting fix on that power inserter. Does the LED indicates the connection for the coax cable or is that an indicator whether the power inserter itself is fried or not?

9 of 10 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 2:39:44 PM
(0)
Professor

Solid green light means it is working, blinking there is a short somewhere in the coax.

Solid green light means it is working, blinking there is a short somewhere in the coax.

10 of 10 (34 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments