Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 29, 2014
6:43:47 AM
View profile
Directv Cinema looses conection

Recently, I upgraded to a DVR and I also had the Directv Cinema added, specifically for Netflix.  I watch Netflix through my DVD player.

The problem is that I periodically lose the connection and have to reboot the DVD player to be able to resume watching the program.  The problem is, I don't know if the problem lies in the Directv Cinema box or the DVD player.  The DVD player would be interrupted if the Directv Cinema box lost its signal.

My question is, would using a cable from the router to the DVD player, as opposed to the wi-fi I'm using now, eliminate the problem?

Recently, I upgraded to a DVR and I also had the Directv Cinema added, specifically for Netflix.  I watch Netflix through my DVD player.

The problem is that I periodically lose the connection and have to reboot the DVD player to be able to resume watching the program.  The problem is, I don't know if the problem lies in the Directv Cinema box or the DVD player.  The DVD player would be interrupted if the Directv Cinema box lost its signal.

My question is, would using a cable from the router to the DVD player, as opposed to the wi-fi I'm using now, eliminate the problem?

Directv Cinema looses conection

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 7:17:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Your DVD player internet connection has nothing to do with DirecTV's.

Your DVD player internet connection has nothing to do with DirecTV's.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Directv Cinema looses conection

2 of 5 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 8:51:02 AM
(0)
Teacher

Now that I think of it, you are absolutely right.  I'm not sure why I thought they were somehow connected.  I apologize. 

Now that I think of it, you are absolutely right.  I'm not sure why I thought they were somehow connected.  I apologize. 

3 of 5 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 12:06:10 PM
(0)
Professor

Wired is always better even for non DTV devices.

Wired is always better even for non DTV devices.

4 of 5 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 1:26:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No worries.  just an advice, if your are having issues with your DVD player, try putting it outside on the open and not inside a cabinet or similar, looks like you are getting weak WiFI signal

No worries.  just an advice, if your are having issues with your DVD player, try putting it outside on the open and not inside a cabinet or similar, looks like you are getting weak WiFI signal

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (7 Views)