Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 8, 2014
8:36:22 AM
View profile
Direct TV originally had two satellites and added the third. Due to location restrictions for my dish I can not get the third dish. I find that in the programs I subscribe to there are a host of "FREE" programs included that I do not want.

I am sure that since there is a larger customer base on the two original satellites, why can't all of the "FREE"  programs be moved to the new satellite and the subscribed to programs be left on the two original satellites that have the larger viewing base? If I go down my entire guide of programs that are available I believe the free programs equal or exceed the subscribed programs. Another solution would be to put all of the "FREE" programs in the same number group, such as PPV, and not include them in the package programs. I love Marrie Osmond, but don't spend hours watching her diet program!

I am sure that since there is a larger customer base on the two original satellites, why can't all of the "FREE"  programs be moved to the new satellite and the subscribed to programs be left on the two original satellites that have the larger viewing base? If I go down my entire guide of programs that are available I believe the free programs equal or exceed the subscribed programs. Another solution would be to put all of the "FREE" programs in the same number group, such as PPV, and not include them in the package programs. I love Marrie Osmond, but don't spend hours watching her diet program!

Direct TV originally had two satellites and added the third. Due to location restrictions for my dish I can not get the third dish. I find that in the programs I subscribe to there are a host of "FREE" programs included that I do not want.

63 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(63)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 9:44:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Huh?  I think you don't fully understand how DirecTV works.   The only "required" satellite is 101ºW.  All of the major SD channels are beamed from that satellite, and it's required for all channel packages.   If you also have HD equipment, you'll need to receive 99ºW and 103ºW, which are very close in the sky to 101ºW.   So which satellite can't you receive?  What model Receiver/DVRs do you have?

Huh?  I think you don't fully understand how DirecTV works.   The only "required" satellite is 101ºW.  All of the major SD channels are beamed from that satellite, and it's required for all channel packages.   If you also have HD equipment, you'll need to receive 99ºW and 103ºW, which are very close in the sky to 101ºW.   So which satellite can't you receive?  What model Receiver/DVRs do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Direct TV originally had two satellites and added the third. Due to location restrictions for my dish I can not get the third dish. I find that in the programs I subscribe to there are a host of "FREE" programs included that I do not want.

2 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 9:57:52 AM
(0)
Expert

Directv more or less groups the channels is "interest" groups.  It shouldn't matter to a user which "satellite" is broadcasting the signal.

Directv more or less groups the channels is "interest" groups.  It shouldn't matter to a user which "satellite" is broadcasting the signal.

Re: Direct TV originally had two satellites and added the third. Due to location restrictions for my dish I can not get the third dish. I find that in the programs I subscribe to there are a host of "FREE" programs included that I do not want.

3 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 10:10:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

And one thing is for sure, DirecTV has more than 3 satellites....

And one thing is for sure, DirecTV has more than 3 satellites....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:13:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

There are only three satellites. I can't get 103. I have the old oval dual LNB dish. All of my wire was moved inside to get rid of all of the external wiring. I have old receiver because I can not rewire. New dishes and receivers use a much heavier cable wiring. I have the old single conductor wiring. Due to line of sight problems and obstructions I can not get 103. I don't have any idea where the opinion came from that programming was grouped in any specific order. As I said, I havr tried to delete many programs I am not interested in, such as shopping channels, and they can not be deleted or removed from the guide or otherwise be bypassed. Customer or Advertiser service?? The channel I miss the most is JLTV. It had a lot of really great old programs I really miss, many ad free. they moved it to 103 and replaced it with a useless program that is of no interest to me.

There are only three satellites. I can't get 103. I have the old oval dual LNB dish. All of my wire was moved inside to get rid of all of the external wiring. I have old receiver because I can not rewire. New dishes and receivers use a much heavier cable wiring. I have the old single conductor wiring. Due to line of sight problems and obstructions I can not get 103. I don't have any idea where the opinion came from that programming was grouped in any specific order. As I said, I havr tried to delete many programs I am not interested in, such as shopping channels, and they can not be deleted or removed from the guide or otherwise be bypassed. Customer or Advertiser service?? The channel I miss the most is JLTV. It had a lot of really great old programs I really miss, many ad free. they moved it to 103 and replaced it with a useless program that is of no interest to me.

5 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 11:03:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There are no SD channels beamed from 103ºW. That includes JLTV.  I think you're confusing 103ºW with 119ºW. There are few SD channels that are still beamed from 119º, and JLTV might be one of those.   But if there's no location on your property with a clear view of that satellite, there's nothing much you can do. 

There are no SD channels beamed from 103ºW. That includes JLTV.  I think you're confusing 103ºW with 119ºW. There are few SD channels that are still beamed from 119º, and JLTV might be one of those.   But if there's no location on your property with a clear view of that satellite, there's nothing much you can do. 

6 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 6:53:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

FYI, as of right now DirecTV has a fleet of 9 satellites.

FYI, as of right now DirecTV has a fleet of 9 satellites.

7 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 8:02:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

peds48. You must have a different location than I do. With your remote, push the "Menu" Button, then go to "Setup". Then go to "Satellite". On that screen you will see a place that says, "Satellite A B" When you get there it will show the specific satellite you are monitoring. Press the orange select button and it will show you which of the three satellites you are monitoring. When I do that I only get 101, 110 and 119. If you get more than that let me know. That screen shows that each satellite has two transponders. Lower left shows the all channels on each transponders and you can tell which is active or unused by the signal strength shown for each channel.

peds48. You must have a different location than I do. With your remote, push the "Menu" Button, then go to "Setup". Then go to "Satellite". On that screen you will see a place that says, "Satellite A B" When you get there it will show the specific satellite you are monitoring. Press the orange select button and it will show you which of the three satellites you are monitoring. When I do that I only get 101, 110 and 119. If you get more than that let me know. That screen shows that each satellite has two transponders. Lower left shows the all channels on each transponders and you can tell which is active or unused by the signal strength shown for each channel.

8 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 8:04:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

My receiver shows satellites as 101, 110 and 119

My receiver shows satellites as 101, 110 and 119

9 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 8:11:37 AM
(0)
Teacher

I can't discern any type of grouping. When you go to set up your remote, as in parental control, you should be able to only have the channels you want to show on the guide for the kids to watch. If you try to setup a custom list you will quickly find out that there are channels you can not delete from the list. Mostly these are the commercial channels, such as Marie Osmond and the various shopping networks. My idea of a custom list is to only have the channels I want to watch, including channels in my selected package as well as the FREE channels. In other words, I want to set it up to my custom list, not direct TV's list.

I can't discern any type of grouping. When you go to set up your remote, as in parental control, you should be able to only have the channels you want to show on the guide for the kids to watch. If you try to setup a custom list you will quickly find out that there are channels you can not delete from the list. Mostly these are the commercial channels, such as Marie Osmond and the various shopping networks. My idea of a custom list is to only have the channels I want to watch, including channels in my selected package as well as the FREE channels. In other words, I want to set it up to my custom list, not direct TV's list.

10 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 8:20:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

The satellites I get are 101, 110 and 119. According to my satellite list there are SD and HD channels on all three satellites. You will note on the package list you subscribe to there are some programs marked with an asterisk indicating a footnote below. The footnote indicates that these are on a satellite you might not be able to get, for one reasno or another, such as not having an HD receiver.

The satellites I get are 101, 110 and 119. According to my satellite list there are SD and HD channels on all three satellites. You will note on the package list you subscribe to there are some programs marked with an asterisk indicating a footnote below. The footnote indicates that these are on a satellite you might not be able to get, for one reasno or another, such as not having an HD receiver.

11 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 8:50:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I think you are misunderstanding this.

101 only has SD channels on it.

110 does not now have any channels on it at all, for U.S. customers.

119 has SD locals only in a few cities. Other than that, on 119 there is just the ethnic package, a few religious and music channels. What's your zip code?

I think you are misunderstanding this.

101 only has SD channels on it.

110 does not now have any channels on it at all, for U.S. customers.

119 has SD locals only in a few cities. Other than that, on 119 there is just the ethnic package, a few religious and music channels. What's your zip code?

12 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 9:31:07 AM
(0)
Expert

The SD dish you have is constructed to see only the 101, 110 and 119 satellites.  Other dishes get satellites 99 & 103 and yet other dishes get the 95 and several others.  See link for more info:

DirecTV satellite fleet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SD dish you have is constructed to see only the 101, 110 and 119 satellites.  Other dishes get satellites 99 & 103 and yet other dishes get the 95 and several others.  See link for more info:

DirecTV satellite fleet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 2:17:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Not sure why you seem to be debating this.   The only satellite your current dish can "see" are the 101, 110 and 119ºW satellites.   And, as texaxbrit points out, only the 101 and 119ºW beam anything for the US.   And 119ºW, the satellite you can't "see", only beams a few nationwide channels along with SD local channels to a few cities.  

In order to "see" any of the other satellites, you need a Slimline HD dish and HD receiving equipment.  But that won't help you get any channels beamed only from 119ºW, like JLTV.   And note that changing to Dish Network won't help you, either, because the bulk of their channels are beamed from their own satellite, also located at 119ºW.

Not sure why you seem to be debating this.   The only satellite your current dish can "see" are the 101, 110 and 119ºW satellites.   And, as texaxbrit points out, only the 101 and 119ºW beam anything for the US.   And 119ºW, the satellite you can't "see", only beams a few nationwide channels along with SD local channels to a few cities.  

In order to "see" any of the other satellites, you need a Slimline HD dish and HD receiving equipment.  But that won't help you get any channels beamed only from 119ºW, like JLTV.   And note that changing to Dish Network won't help you, either, because the bulk of their channels are beamed from their own satellite, also located at 119ºW.

14 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 2:51:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am debating this because I would like to get the channels I want and subscribe to and not the clutter of a multitude of channels I don't want, free or subscribed to. What is the sense of offering "custom" features on your remote, if they dictate the custom and not the user. I am guessing you know what JLTV is. When they moved it, can you guess what they replaced it with--the Arab AlJeezera.. Not nearly as many good channels. Why didn't they put it where they moved JLTV to? I am aware of the problem with dis satellite feed, thanks. I can not see 119, as previously stated.

I am debating this because I would like to get the channels I want and subscribe to and not the clutter of a multitude of channels I don't want, free or subscribed to. What is the sense of offering "custom" features on your remote, if they dictate the custom and not the user. I am guessing you know what JLTV is. When they moved it, can you guess what they replaced it with--the Arab AlJeezera.. Not nearly as many good channels. Why didn't they put it where they moved JLTV to? I am aware of the problem with dis satellite feed, thanks. I can not see 119, as previously stated.

15 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 2:56:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

I believe the question on Direct TV satellites does not include their entire fleet, only those directed to TV programing. There are only three that my equipment is involved with.

I believe the question on Direct TV satellites does not include their entire fleet, only those directed to TV programing. There are only three that my equipment is involved with.

16 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 3:00:01 PM
(0)
Teacher

My ZIP is 52501. I am giving you the numbers of satellites my equipment shows it is connected to. I get more than enough religious channels with only the two I get.

My ZIP is 52501. I am giving you the numbers of satellites my equipment shows it is connected to. I get more than enough religious channels with only the two I get.

17 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 3:07:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Just because you dont "watch the clutter of multitude of channels" does not mean that nobody else does.  JLTV has always been on the 119 satellite ant it was not moved or replaced by Al Jeezera.

Just because you dont "watch the clutter of multitude of channels" does not mean that nobody else does.  JLTV has always been on the 119 satellite ant it was not moved or replaced by Al Jeezera.

18 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 3:36:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

You are wrong. I know when and where I got JLTV. You could probably Google it and get the answer. As I said, what is the possible logic behind offering and touting the ability to set up a custom guide with your remote, when you actually can't. Have you tried the process to find out first hand what the process is and the imposed limitations involved? Suggest you try it and see what you end up with.

You are wrong. I know when and where I got JLTV. You could probably Google it and get the answer. As I said, what is the possible logic behind offering and touting the ability to set up a custom guide with your remote, when you actually can't. Have you tried the process to find out first hand what the process is and the imposed limitations involved? Suggest you try it and see what you end up with.

19 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 4:38:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I googled it, and Jewish Life has always been on the 119 satellite (at least as far back as 2009, which I think is when the channel started.)

Just because you can't get 119 does not mean DirecTv should move the channel somewhere else.  And JLTV's audience is really small.

And I use a custom guide all the time, what's the problem?

I googled it, and Jewish Life has always been on the 119 satellite (at least as far back as 2009, which I think is when the channel started.)

Just because you can't get 119 does not mean DirecTv should move the channel somewhere else.  And JLTV's audience is really small.

And I use a custom guide all the time, what's the problem?

20 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 4:43:19 PM
(0)
Professor

Same here I use a custom list and have no problems removing any channels.

Same here I use a custom list and have no problems removing any channels.

21 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 4:47:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

We're customers like you, not DirecTV employees.  Believe what you like.  I think we've explained the situation thoroughly.  You'll need to call or email DirecTV directly if you want them to move JLTV to 101ºW, but don't hold your breath.   I'm done here. 

We're customers like you, not DirecTV employees.  Believe what you like.  I think we've explained the situation thoroughly.  You'll need to call or email DirecTV directly if you want them to move JLTV to 101ºW, but don't hold your breath.   I'm done here. 

22 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 6:47:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am just saying that I think their customer service could be improved in programming and scheduling. My suggestion would be that in the program guide they should start with the basic package as the base schedule, As you move up the package list the basics stay the same and the larger programs add to the base. That is the way it should be structured from a customer service standpoint. I know there are customers that like the free channels, but they should be grouped as add ons that the customer can select to add on to their program list, based on their customer individual likes and dislikes. In other words, on my program guide I am sure their are programs I will never watch, even though I am paying for them. I should be able to discard them if I don't want them. I have had time during one period to go through what is available on my receiver, from 1 through the four digit channels. I would guess there are four times the channels available than I subscribe to. As an example, I get some latin sport channels, such as soccer, in Spanish. I would like to see them with English CC, but nada!! The customer service on tech issues is outstanding, generally, but there are a few exceptions there also. I am guessing they keep a finger on sites like this to gather information freely available to them.

I am just saying that I think their customer service could be improved in programming and scheduling. My suggestion would be that in the program guide they should start with the basic package as the base schedule, As you move up the package list the basics stay the same and the larger programs add to the base. That is the way it should be structured from a customer service standpoint. I know there are customers that like the free channels, but they should be grouped as add ons that the customer can select to add on to their program list, based on their customer individual likes and dislikes. In other words, on my program guide I am sure their are programs I will never watch, even though I am paying for them. I should be able to discard them if I don't want them. I have had time during one period to go through what is available on my receiver, from 1 through the four digit channels. I would guess there are four times the channels available than I subscribe to. As an example, I get some latin sport channels, such as soccer, in Spanish. I would like to see them with English CC, but nada!! The customer service on tech issues is outstanding, generally, but there are a few exceptions there also. I am guessing they keep a finger on sites like this to gather information freely available to them.

23 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:04:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Channels like QVC and some other Public Interest channels PAY DirecTV to be carried, and as such they are available to the entire DirecTV customer base.  Channels are also arranged by contracts and so is the location on the channel guide. There is more, a lot more that you think. 

and BTW, JLTV has ALWAYS been on the 119 since its inception.  Al Jazeera replaced Current TV.  Please get you facts straight before accusing of someone being wrong

Channels like QVC and some other Public Interest channels PAY DirecTV to be carried, and as such they are available to the entire DirecTV customer base.  Channels are also arranged by contracts and so is the location on the channel guide. There is more, a lot more that you think. 

and BTW, JLTV has ALWAYS been on the 119 since its inception.  Al Jazeera replaced Current TV.  Please get you facts straight before accusing of someone being wrong

24 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:08:06 PM
(0)
Teacher

JLTV used to be on 375, just under BYU. They replaced it with link and moved it to 366.. If you WIKI LINK you will see when it started and replaced JLTV, and that as originally placed on current location it was owned by Al Jazeera, but not now.

JLTV used to be on 375, just under BYU. They replaced it with link and moved it to 366.. If you WIKI LINK you will see when it started and replaced JLTV, and that as originally placed on current location it was owned by Al Jazeera, but not now.

25 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:11:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

What you are talking about is "a la carte" programming, where you can pick and choose individual channels. It's not likely to happen. The program providers sell their programs in packages to DirecTv and other providers, with a fixed fee covering several channels. They also negotiate which channels will be in which "tier" of programming.  So a set of channels might be a package consisting of one or two very popular channels, with some not-so-popular channels.  You can't "discard" any of them, except by creating a custom guide. There are other channels which actually pay DirecTv to broadcast them.  And then there are public service channels, a "quota" of which the FCC requires DirecTV to carry.

There's been a lot of analysis of a la carte programming, and some of the potential effects are not what you would expect. First, it makes launching new channels pretty difficult since the chances are no-one would select them.  Second, although some people might see a reduction in their bill, others would see an increase. For example, suppose there is a channel that's in everyone's subscription package with a "price" of $1. Make it selectable a la carte, let's say only 30% of DirecTV subscribers select it, price might go up to $3. Then some people might decide $3 is too much, price might go up again and then the channel might be cancelled because not enough people are willing to pay. So a la carte might reduce the choice of channels, and those people who wanted to watch the "cancelled" channels would be upset.

We see this "packaging" all the time. When you buy a new car, some options are packaged together and you can't unbundle them. When you buy a piece of software, some of the features might be useless to you but you can't unbundle them.

What you are talking about is "a la carte" programming, where you can pick and choose individual channels. It's not likely to happen. The program providers sell their programs in packages to DirecTv and other providers, with a fixed fee covering several channels. They also negotiate which channels will be in which "tier" of programming.  So a set of channels might be a package consisting of one or two very popular channels, with some not-so-popular channels.  You can't "discard" any of them, except by creating a custom guide. There are other channels which actually pay DirecTv to broadcast them.  And then there are public service channels, a "quota" of which the FCC requires DirecTV to carry.

There's been a lot of analysis of a la carte programming, and some of the potential effects are not what you would expect. First, it makes launching new channels pretty difficult since the chances are no-one would select them.  Second, although some people might see a reduction in their bill, others would see an increase. For example, suppose there is a channel that's in everyone's subscription package with a "price" of $1. Make it selectable a la carte, let's say only 30% of DirecTV subscribers select it, price might go up to $3. Then some people might decide $3 is too much, price might go up again and then the channel might be cancelled because not enough people are willing to pay. So a la carte might reduce the choice of channels, and those people who wanted to watch the "cancelled" channels would be upset.

We see this "packaging" all the time. When you buy a new car, some options are packaged together and you can't unbundle them. When you buy a piece of software, some of the features might be useless to you but you can't unbundle them.

26 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 7:26:27 AM
(0)
Teacher

Exactly what I am talking about, and exactly what they say they are offering with custom guide and parental control; programming. If you read and follow the instructions in doing what they are offering, is that not ala carte programming you refer to? Doesn't that contradict what you are saying about not being able to eliminate programs? I think another item of interest might be to question how an established program like JLTV (Jewish Life Television) was allowed to be displaced to a less favorable channel location by a new Al-Jezeera Arab channel (LINK). That smacks of political favoritism. What do you think?

Exactly what I am talking about, and exactly what they say they are offering with custom guide and parental control; programming. If you read and follow the instructions in doing what they are offering, is that not ala carte programming you refer to? Doesn't that contradict what you are saying about not being able to eliminate programs? I think another item of interest might be to question how an established program like JLTV (Jewish Life Television) was allowed to be displaced to a less favorable channel location by a new Al-Jezeera Arab channel (LINK). That smacks of political favoritism. What do you think?

27 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 7:28:12 AM
(0)
Teacher

Go to WIKI and look at LINK and see what it says, then let me know if your positionb changes.

Go to WIKI and look at LINK and see what it says, then let me know if your positionb changes.

28 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 8:07:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I had already read the LINK Wiki and I fail to see what relevance it has at all. DirecTV changes channel numbers all the time and LINK did not "displace" anything. LINK is on 375 and JLTV is on 366. So what. And this was back in 2009 so it is really water under the bridge.Other channels (including religious ones) are on the 119 satellite so I don't see why JLTV should not be there also.

It is not DirecTV's fault you do not have line of sight to 119. In fact if you can't get 119 why are you using a dish that tries to  receive it? If you used an 18in round dish, or if you told the receiver you had an 18in round dish, the 119 channels would be removed from the guide even without using a custom guide.

I had already read the LINK Wiki and I fail to see what relevance it has at all. DirecTV changes channel numbers all the time and LINK did not "displace" anything. LINK is on 375 and JLTV is on 366. So what. And this was back in 2009 so it is really water under the bridge.Other channels (including religious ones) are on the 119 satellite so I don't see why JLTV should not be there also.

It is not DirecTV's fault you do not have line of sight to 119. In fact if you can't get 119 why are you using a dish that tries to  receive it? If you used an 18in round dish, or if you told the receiver you had an 18in round dish, the 119 channels would be removed from the guide even without using a custom guide.

29 of 64 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 9:02:56 AM
(0)
Teacher

i can understand that if a channel is terminated by lack of contract that it would be replaced by another channel, but to move channels for no apparent reaso is beyond me, when it serves no apparent purpose. My dish type and location are determined by many factors. Direct TV states that my dish is the best available with existing wiring. During a major renovation of the house quite awhile ago, all of the external wiring draped around the outside of the house was moved inside. It is the old single conductor coax and can not be replaced inside without considerable cost. Only other choice is to go back to draped all over the outside, so I am stuck with no HDTV, though my televisions are capable. JLTV was properly in with the other religious channels. It was displaced by LINK, that is a political channel and was initially owned by Al Jazeera, a political channel with no religious programming. Go to WIKI-LINK and see if they don't confirm what I am saying about being initially owned by the Arabs. The receiver identifies the dish it is connected to, not the customer, so how would I convince it that there is an 18 inch dish??

i can understand that if a channel is terminated by lack of contract that it would be replaced by another channel, but to move channels for no apparent reaso is beyond me, when it serves no apparent purpose. My dish type and location are determined by many factors. Direct TV states that my dish is the best available with existing wiring. During a major renovation of the house quite awhile ago, all of the external wiring draped around the outside of the house was moved inside. It is the old single conductor coax and can not be replaced inside without considerable cost. Only other choice is to go back to draped all over the outside, so I am stuck with no HDTV, though my televisions are capable. JLTV was properly in with the other religious channels. It was displaced by LINK, that is a political channel and was initially owned by Al Jazeera, a political channel with no religious programming. Go to WIKI-LINK and see if they don't confirm what I am saying about being initially owned by the Arabs. The receiver identifies the dish it is connected to, not the customer, so how would I convince it that there is an 18 inch dish??

30 of 64 (1,845 Views)