Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 13, 2013
4:50:18 PM
View profile
DirecTV Everywhere not playing on PC

I've tried to use "Watch Now" for programming on my laptop in both Chrome and IE.  In each of these the player gets to 85% loaded for any show and then stops. 

It works ok on my Android phone.

Please advise.

I've tried to use "Watch Now" for programming on my laptop in both Chrome and IE.  In each of these the player gets to 85% loaded for any show and then stops. 

It works ok on my Android phone.

Please advise.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 13, 2013 9:14:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Answer:  I went to Windows Control Panel, Programs, and uninstalled DirecTV Player v6.1 from 2012.  I downloaded and installed DirecTV Player v8.0 and can now watch TV episodes in my browsers.

I turned on my router firewall and Windows firewall.  With both firewalls enabled, I can watch TV episodes using DirecTV Everywhere.

Accepted Solution

DirecTV Everywhere not playing on PC

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 5:50:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is a firewall issue,  start by disabling any firewalls in your PC

It is a firewall issue,  start by disabling any firewalls in your PC

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DirecTV Everywhere not playing on PC

2 of 6 (16 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 7:44:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks. I've turned off the Windows firewall and my Avast Security, but the performance is the same....it goes to 85%

Thanks. I've turned off the Windows firewall and my Avast Security, but the performance is the same....it goes to 85%

3 of 6 (16 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 7:53:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This has been proven time over time to be a firewall issue.  try disabling router firewall

This has been proven time over time to be a firewall issue.  try disabling router firewall

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (16 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 13, 2013 8:48:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have disabled the router's firewall too.  I am getting the same 85% freeze result.

I have disabled the router's firewall too.  I am getting the same 85% freeze result.

5 of 6 (16 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 13, 2013 9:14:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

Answer:  I went to Windows Control Panel, Programs, and uninstalled DirecTV Player v6.1 from 2012.  I downloaded and installed DirecTV Player v8.0 and can now watch TV episodes in my browsers.

I turned on my router firewall and Windows firewall.  With both firewalls enabled, I can watch TV episodes using DirecTV Everywhere.

6 of 6 (16 Views)
Solution