Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 23, 2014
4:39:47 PM
DVR Recordings all Deleted

I went in the hospital one day and came home the next to find my recorder has deleted all recordings.  I did a red button reset night before last because my internet connecting was freezing up my system.  I think it might have been right on the hour and so a recording was finishing up so I said reset.  Now all my recordings have been deleted.  Any way to retrieve them?  Looks like what was set to record, the series, are still set to continue but all that was saved is gone.  Help!  Any way to retrieve?  I mostly want to make sure I NEVER do this again so if someone could tell me how this happened I would greatly appreciate it.  I did a reset a week ago and nothing happened like this so I did something else....obviously.  Smiley Sad

Thanks!!!!

I went in the hospital one day and came home the next to find my recorder has deleted all recordings.  I did a red button reset night before last because my internet connecting was freezing up my system.  I think it might have been right on the hour and so a recording was finishing up so I said reset.  Now all my recordings have been deleted.  Any way to retrieve them?  Looks like what was set to record, the series, are still set to continue but all that was saved is gone.  Help!  Any way to retrieve?  I mostly want to make sure I NEVER do this again so if someone could tell me how this happened I would greatly appreciate it.  I did a reset a week ago and nothing happened like this so I did something else....obviously.  Smiley Sad

Thanks!!!!

DVR Recordings all Deleted

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2014 4:55:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting the DVR again with the red button.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Also, what model DVR do you have?

First thing to try is resetting the DVR again with the red button.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Also, what model DVR do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR Recordings all Deleted

2 of 7 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 3:24:05 AM
(0)
Expert

A reset using the red button located inside the card door will not delete any recordings unless there is a major malfunction of the DVR.  However, a reset using certain of the menu reset options WILL delete recordings.  That is why most of us always recommend using the red button.  Did you by chance use the on screen menu to do the reset?

A reset using the red button located inside the card door will not delete any recordings unless there is a major malfunction of the DVR.  However, a reset using certain of the menu reset options WILL delete recordings.  That is why most of us always recommend using the red button.  Did you by chance use the on screen menu to do the reset?

3 of 7 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 4:59:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

I did use the red button inside door.  HR44.  I'm 99% sure I didn't use the onscreen reset.  I'm having trouble with my internet connection being weak so I've had to mess with that too and then this happened.  All deleted.  History is still there so at least I know what I was record...but recordings are gone.

I did use the red button inside door.  HR44.  I'm 99% sure I didn't use the onscreen reset.  I'm having trouble with my internet connection being weak so I've had to mess with that too and then this happened.  All deleted.  History is still there so at least I know what I was record...but recordings are gone.

4 of 7 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 5:00:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

Tried that, all still gone.   Like I mentioned below, history is still there but recordings are gone. 

Tried that, all still gone.   Like I mentioned below, history is still there but recordings are gone. 

5 of 7 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2014 5:40:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Bummer.  It's rare, but it does happen.  Hard drives can be flaky that way.  If it happens again, post back here. There are some hard drive diagnostics you can perform, and your DVR might need to be replaced.

Bummer.  It's rare, but it does happen.  Hard drives can be flaky that way.  If it happens again, post back here. There are some hard drive diagnostics you can perform, and your DVR might need to be replaced.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 7 (119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 10:16:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Okay will do. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone

Okay will do. Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone