Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 25, 2013
10:42:32 AM
View profile
DVR Randomly Deleting Programs

Hey Guys, I am having a problem with my DVR randomly deleting programs.  I was watching recorded programs yesterday.  Before I watched a particular program I noticed that I had many things on my DVR.  After a 30 minute episode of recorded material was watched (which happened to be the last of that series) I was going to watch a new show and the entire folder was gone.  I also noticed that about 5 different show (entire folders) had been deleted.  I looked in the settings and it said that it had been deleted by user, thought I did not delete them.  Also, I have it set up to record new shows, keep till I delete, and all that.  This is the second time this has happened.  The first time I did not think much of it but now I am a bit concerned.

I have a HR24-500 DVR.  We only have one DVR, one Remote and one TV so no one else could have done it from another room either.

Hey Guys, I am having a problem with my DVR randomly deleting programs.  I was watching recorded programs yesterday.  Before I watched a particular program I noticed that I had many things on my DVR.  After a 30 minute episode of recorded material was watched (which happened to be the last of that series) I was going to watch a new show and the entire folder was gone.  I also noticed that about 5 different show (entire folders) had been deleted.  I looked in the settings and it said that it had been deleted by user, thought I did not delete them.  Also, I have it set up to record new shows, keep till I delete, and all that.  This is the second time this has happened.  The first time I did not think much of it but now I am a bit concerned.

I have a HR24-500 DVR.  We only have one DVR, one Remote and one TV so no one else could have done it from another room either.

DVR Randomly Deleting Programs

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 10:47:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Very unusual. First thing to try is resetting the DVR using the red button behind the front panel access card door.

Very unusual. First thing to try is resetting the DVR using the red button behind the front panel access card door.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR Randomly Deleting Programs

2 of 9 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 11:01:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

I would guess that this would help prevent future problems and there is no way to get the deleted programs back.

I would guess that this would help prevent future problems and there is no way to get the deleted programs back.

3 of 9 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 1:51:42 PM
(0)
Expert

What % of unused space does the HR24 report on it's hard drive?  Note a couple of facts.  The "keep until I delete" is a pretty useless setting as the "keep at most" which defaults at 5 will over power that delete setting.  As Litzdog said, a self deleting DVR is VERY unusual as the operating system usually just fails totally if the box goes bad.

What % of unused space does the HR24 report on it's hard drive?  Note a couple of facts.  The "keep until I delete" is a pretty useless setting as the "keep at most" which defaults at 5 will over power that delete setting.  As Litzdog said, a self deleting DVR is VERY unusual as the operating system usually just fails totally if the box goes bad.

4 of 9 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 1:55:59 PM
(0)
Employee

Do you have you own dish or you are sharing a dish?

Do you have you own dish or you are sharing a dish?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 9 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 2:32:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

55% free. I have it set up to keep all till I delete.

55% free. I have it set up to keep all till I delete.

6 of 9 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 2:32:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

The dish is common to an apartment complex.

The dish is common to an apartment complex.

7 of 9 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 2:38:05 PM
(0)
Employee

Hmmmmmm, it looks like some one else is deleting your shows.  go to MENU -> Settings -> settings _> Whole Home -> Status -> do you see other DVRs listed?

Hmmmmmm, it looks like some one else is deleting your shows.  go to MENU -> Settings -> settings _> Whole Home -> Status -> do you see other DVRs listed?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 9 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 2:45:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

No others listed.

Whole home DVR authorized

Network DVR sharing off, deletion off

No others listed.