Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 17, 2013
6:02:18 PM
View profile
DIRECTV Universal Remote ?

Dose theDIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 or Black DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote: work with the dvr Hd34 Genie

Dose theDIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 or Black DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote: work with the dvr Hd34 Genie

DIRECTV Universal Remote ?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 7:47:19 PM
(0)
Professor

The HR34 Genie uses the same remotes as the HR2x series DVRs for both IR and RF remote.

The HR44 Genie uses the same remotes for IR, but a different remote for RF.

The HR34 Genie uses the same remotes as the HR2x series DVRs for both IR and RF remote.

The HR44 Genie uses the same remotes for IR, but a different remote for RF.

Re: DIRECTV Universal Remote ?

2 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 7:56:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

carl6 will theses work work with the
theDIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 or Black DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote: work with the dvr Hd34 Genie

carl6 will theses work work with the
theDIRECTV Universal Remote RC71 or Black DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote: work with the dvr Hd34 Genie

3 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:12:15 PM
(0)
Professor

The RC71 works with the HR34 Genie in IR mode but not in RF mode. It works with the HR44 in both IR and RF. I do not have any experience with the Tivo Peanut remote, so am unable to answer that question.

The RC71 works with the HR34 Genie in IR mode but not in RF mode. It works with the HR44 in both IR and RF. I do not have any experience with the Tivo Peanut remote, so am unable to answer that question.

4 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:46:54 PM
(0)
Scholar

carl6 The RC71 works with the HR34 Genie. do all buttons work for the receiver could you put in your tv codes

carl6 The RC71 works with the HR34 Genie. do all buttons work for the receiver could you put in your tv codes

5 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 9:23:56 PM
(0)
Professor

My personal experience with the RC71 is that I much prefer the older white DirecTV remotes such as the RC65 and older models. The RC71 is the only remote that works in rf mode with the HR44. It will NOT work in rf mode with the HR34 or any of the older H2x/HR2x series products.

The RC71 does work in IR mode with all DirecTV models, including the HR34.

The RC65 will work with the HR34 in both IR and RF mode. It will work with the HR44 in IR mode only.

The RC71 lacks several buttons that the older remotes have, for example there is no STOP button and PLAY and PAUSE are combined into a single button. It has a totally different button layout than the older remotes, so if you are used to the older remotes it will take some getting used to the RC71. It has a couple of rocker switches for volume and channel up/down which are nicer than the older remotes (except it is too easy to change channels and dump the buffer on live tv).

I have had very limited experience with the RC71 and putting in TV codes, but my experience is it does program to most TVs.

My personal experience with the RC71 is that I much prefer the older white DirecTV remotes such as the RC65 and older models. The RC71 is the only remote that works in rf mode with the HR44. It will NOT work in rf mode with the HR34 or any of the older H2x/HR2x series products.

The RC71 does work in IR mode with all DirecTV models, including the HR34.

The RC65 will work with the HR34 in both IR and RF mode. It will work with the HR44 in IR mode only.

The RC71 lacks several buttons that the older remotes have, for example there is no STOP button and PLAY and PAUSE are combined into a single button. It has a totally different button layout than the older remotes, so if you are used to the older remotes it will take some getting used to the RC71. It has a couple of rocker switches for volume and channel up/down which are nicer than the older remotes (except it is too easy to change channels and dump the buffer on live tv).

I have had very limited experience with the RC71 and putting in TV codes, but my experience is it does program to most TVs.

6 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 9:38:09 PM
(0)
Scholar

carl6 RC71 buttons will not work you say like for example there is no STOP button and PLAY and PAUSE are combined into a single button. with the dvrhd34 Genie receiver ?

carl6 RC71 buttons will not work you say like for example there is no STOP button and PLAY and PAUSE are combined into a single button. with the dvrhd34 Genie receiver ?

7 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 7:11:28 AM
(0)
Professor

The RC71 WILL work with the HR34 (in IR mode). But the RC71 is a different remote, with different buttons and button arrangement than earlier DirecTV remotes. My recommendation would be to not use the RC71 with an HR34 unless you have some specific reason for wanting to do so. You can certainly get one and give it a try and see if you like it or not.

The RC71 WILL work with the HR34 (in IR mode). But the RC71 is a different remote, with different buttons and button arrangement than earlier DirecTV remotes. My recommendation would be to not use the RC71 with an HR34 unless you have some specific reason for wanting to do so. You can certainly get one and give it a try and see if you like it or not.

8 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 10:12:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

carl6 I have the Black DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote: could you tell the way to program to my dvrhd34 Genie

carl6 I have the Black DirecTV/TiVo Peanut Remote: could you tell the way to program to my dvrhd34 Genie

9 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 12:12:00 PM
(0)
Professor

Sorry, I am not familiar at all with the Tivo remote. Can't help you with that.

Sorry, I am not familiar at all with the Tivo remote. Can't help you with that.

10 of 11 (38 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 12:20:17 PM
(0)
Scholar

carl6 http://www.weaknees.com/directv-universal-remote.php dose it go with the dvrhd34 Genie

carl6 http://www.weaknees.com/directv-universal-remote.php dose it go with the dvrhd34 Genie

11 of 11 (38 Views)