Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 28, 2013
9:42:20 AM
View profile
Changing Audio and swapping picture with PIP on Genie HR34-700

When I am using PIP with my Genie is there a way swap pictures (smaller picture becomes the larger picture and vis vera).  Also, is there a way to swap just the audio such that I am listening to the audio of the smaller screen?

Thanks

When I am using PIP with my Genie is there a way swap pictures (smaller picture becomes the larger picture and vis vera).  Also, is there a way to swap just the audio such that I am listening to the audio of the smaller screen?

Thanks

Changing Audio and swapping picture with PIP on Genie HR34-700

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 10:27:14 AM
(0)
Scholar

Okay, I figured out how to swap the pictures using the "down" button on remote.  So now my questions are

1) is there a way to swap the audio source so that I hear the audio from the smaller picture?

2) Is there a way to short cut to turn on\off the PIP without having to go thru the "info\PIP\off"?

Okay, I figured out how to swap the pictures using the "down" button on remote.  So now my questions are

1) is there a way to swap the audio source so that I hear the audio from the smaller picture?

2) Is there a way to short cut to turn on\off the PIP without having to go thru the "info\PIP\off"?

Re: Changing Audio and swapping picture with PIP on Genie HR34-700

2 of 11 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 3:16:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

"No" to both questions.

"No" to both questions.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 4:40:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for the response.  If it is possible I would appreciate it if you could put these items on wish list for your tech people to consider.

Thanks for the response.  If it is possible I would appreciate it if you could put these items on wish list for your tech people to consider.

4 of 11 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 4:45:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You'll want to email that suggestion directly to DirecTV.  None of us here are employees. 

You'll want to email that suggestion directly to DirecTV.  None of us here are employees. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 11 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2014 12:40:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I know this is kind of an old thread, but you CAN do this now. If you simply press the down arrow on your remote, it will switch the two. For example, in side by side pip, the left window has audio. So, you hit the down arrow,and the one from the right, moves to the left and then it has audio.

I know this is kind of an old thread, but you CAN do this now. If you simply press the down arrow on your remote, it will switch the two. For example, in side by side pip, the left window has audio. So, you hit the down arrow,and the one from the right, moves to the left and then it has audio.

6 of 11 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2014 2:29:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Nope, still not possible.  If you read the thread CAREFULLY, you will realize the OP wants to just swap the audio, not JUST the picture

Nope, still not possible.  If you read the thread CAREFULLY, you will realize the OP wants to just swap the audio, not JUST the picture

7 of 11 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2014 9:10:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

well now we're arguing semantics. You can accomplish what the user is asking. If you have Donald Duck on the left, it will have the audio (Left always has audio). And, you have Mickey Mouse on the right with no audio. So, you want audio on Mickey Mouse.  Hit the down arrow; you WILL have audio on Mickey Mouse, and it will be on the left window.  So with one click you are switching audio, it's just that the picture moves to the main (left) window.

well now we're arguing semantics. You can accomplish what the user is asking. If you have Donald Duck on the left, it will have the audio (Left always has audio). And, you have Mickey Mouse on the right with no audio. So, you want audio on Mickey Mouse.  Hit the down arrow; you WILL have audio on Mickey Mouse, and it will be on the left window.  So with one click you are switching audio, it's just that the picture moves to the main (left) window.

8 of 11 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2014 4:49:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Not semantics.  Here is the OP question, 

The answer to that is NO,  no matter how you slice it. What you are posting was already figured out by the OP themselves

Okay, I figured out how to swap the pictures using the "down" button on remote

As I said, if you read the thread CAREFULLY, you would of have noticed….

Not semantics.  Here is the OP question, 

The answer to that is NO,  no matter how you slice it. What you are posting was already figured out by the OP themselves

Okay, I figured out how to swap the pictures using the "down" button on remote

As I said, if you read the thread CAREFULLY, you would of have noticed….

9 of 11 (678 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2016 6:49:31 PM
(1)
Contributor
Peds48 does not seem to be a very nice person. Very snide remarks. But thanks for pointing how smart you think you are and how dumb you think everyone else is. It's a nasty world out there.
Peds48 does not seem to be a very nice person. Very snide remarks. But thanks for pointing how smart you think you are and how dumb you think everyone else is. It's a nasty world out there.

10 of 11 (275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2016 8:34:24 PM
(0)
Tutor
What do you mean "none of us are employees" I'm a Directv tech.
What do you mean "none of us are employees" I'm a Directv tech.

11 of 11 (220 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments