Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 16, 2013
6:46:35 AM
Change channels while recording.. then go back

Is there a way, while watching/recording a live game, to change to another channel or recorded show and then come back to the game right where I left off?

I have Genie HR34-700

Is there a way, while watching/recording a live game, to change to another channel or recorded show and then come back to the game right where I left off?

I have Genie HR34-700

Change channels while recording.. then go back

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 7:15:06 AM
(0)
Professor

Press Pause. Then push the down arrow (around the Select button) and tune to the channel you want. When you want to go back, press the down arrow again and you'll go back to the paused recording. Using the down arrow like this starts what is known as double play - and you can toggle back and forth between the two shows by pressing the down arrow.

Press Pause. Then push the down arrow (around the Select button) and tune to the channel you want. When you want to go back, press the down arrow again and you'll go back to the paused recording. Using the down arrow like this starts what is known as double play - and you can toggle back and forth between the two shows by pressing the down arrow.

Re: Change channels while recording.. then go back

2 of 3 (2 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 2:47:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Better yet, with the HR34 you can use PIP.

Better yet, with the HR34 you can use PIP.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Change channels while recording.. then go back

3 of 3 (2 Views)