Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2014
6:56:47 AM
Cannot use directv.com or phone apps to schedule programs to record

I got directv services again yesterday 8/16/14. Everything is working great in the house.  I have the Genie connected to the internet and all internet capabilities seem to be working within the house on both boxes.  I can access internet apps such as YouTube with no issues.  The box states it's connected to the internet when you look at info.

When I access my account information and go to my equipment. It states my Model: HR44-500 is NOT connected to the internet.  I also can't go to the program guide on directv.com and schedule a recording.  When I try to schedule from directv.com it says try again later.

Phone technical support was completely useless.  One person didn't even know this feature existed.  :smileyconfused:

To me it sounds like a port forwarding issue on my router, although I don't know what ports are required for the box if any. The call center tech was not able to kick off the system status test remotely which leads me to believe the box can't be seen outside of my home network.

I got directv services again yesterday 8/16/14. Everything is working great in the house.  I have the Genie connected to the internet and all internet capabilities seem to be working within the house on both boxes.  I can access internet apps such as YouTube with no issues.  The box states it's connected to the internet when you look at info.

When I access my account information and go to my equipment. It states my Model: HR44-500 is NOT connected to the internet.  I also can't go to the program guide on directv.com and schedule a recording.  When I try to schedule from directv.com it says try again later.

Phone technical support was completely useless.  One person didn't even know this feature existed.  :smileyconfused:

To me it sounds like a port forwarding issue on my router, although I don't know what ports are required for the box if any. The call center tech was not able to kick off the system status test remotely which leads me to believe the box can't be seen outside of my home network.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 17, 2014 7:02:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It takes a few days after you have been installed for these services to get authorized

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Cannot use directv.com or phone apps to schedule programs to record

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 17, 2014 7:02:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It takes a few days after you have been installed for these services to get authorized

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cannot use directv.com or phone apps to schedule programs to record

2 of 3 (118 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2014 7:11:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wow, thanks!

That makes me feel better, but it doesn't make me feel good about the training level of phone support.  Such a simple thing and would even be simpler to have some information on the website. I just wasted an hour of my time and caused frustration because of clueless support people.

I'll mark your post as correct if it does indeed resolve itself.  Thanks

Wow, thanks!

That makes me feel better, but it doesn't make me feel good about the training level of phone support.  Such a simple thing and would even be simpler to have some information on the website. I just wasted an hour of my time and caused frustration because of clueless support people.

I'll mark your post as correct if it does indeed resolve itself.  Thanks

Re: Cannot use directv.com or phone apps to schedule programs to record

3 of 3 (118 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments