Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 5, 2013
6:11:36 PM
View profile
Can not connect to server?

Why does my second receiver say can not connect to server but my main genie receiver is working just fine?

Why does my second receiver say can not connect to server but my main genie receiver is working just fine?

Can not connect to server?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 5, 2013 6:29:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing to try is resetting your ALL of  DVR/clients using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

First thing to try is resetting your ALL of  DVR/clients using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can not connect to server?

2 of 5 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 1:42:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

Known issues Resetting Genie main HDDVR in the home will resolve if issue occurs more than often call 1800-531-5000 request tech support possible bad connector or spliter but is software issue most likelySmiley Wink

Known issues Resetting Genie main HDDVR in the home will resolve if issue occurs more than often call 1800-531-5000 request tech support possible bad connector or spliter but is software issue most likelySmiley Wink

3 of 5 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 2:18:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Not true, there is no such "known issue"

Not true, there is no such "known issue"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (19 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 6:27:46 AM
(0)
Expert

I agree, there is no such software issue.  If the system is installed correctly a reset of the Genie, then resetting the Clients while the Genie is booting up will usually correct the "can't find server" issue.

I agree, there is no such software issue.  If the system is installed correctly a reset of the Genie, then resetting the Clients while the Genie is booting up will usually correct the "can't find server" issue.

5 of 5 (19 Views)