Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 20, 2013
6:20:29 PM
View profile
Can Chromecast be used with DTV hd/dvr?

I recently purchase Google Chromecast and want to use it with my Direct TV Hd/dvr. Does anyone have any experience with this device?

I recently purchase Google Chromecast and want to use it with my Direct TV Hd/dvr. Does anyone have any experience with this device?

Can Chromecast be used with DTV hd/dvr?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 6:29:17 PM
(0)
Employee

you can't use the chromecast directly with an HDDVR.

you can't use the chromecast directly with an HDDVR.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can Chromecast be used with DTV hd/dvr?

2 of 8 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 10:46:35 PM
(0)
Administrator

If you mean by using it to watch the Internet side, yes it would work, as long as you are using Chrome as your browser.

If you mean by using it to watch the Internet side, yes it would work, as long as you are using Chrome as your browser.

3 of 8 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 9:25:57 AM
(0)
Expert

Actually the specs indicate the device will work with a number of OS.  However, the decice would connect to your TV and not be associated with the Directv DVR in any way.

"Minimum: Supported Wi-Fi–enabled device, HDTV, and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n access point or router; OS: Android 2.3 and higher, iOS 6 and higher, Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS® 10.7 and higher, Chrome OS (Chromebook Pixel, more Chromebooks coming soon)"

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player H2G2-42 - Best Buy

Actually the specs indicate the device will work with a number of OS.  However, the decice would connect to your TV and not be associated with the Directv DVR in any way.

"Minimum: Supported Wi-Fi–enabled device, HDTV, and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n access point or router; OS: Android 2.3 and higher, iOS 6 and higher, Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS® 10.7 and higher, Chrome OS (Chromebook Pixel, more Chromebooks coming soon)"

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player H2G2-42 - Best Buy

4 of 8 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 9:51:02 AM
(0)
Administrator

You have to also with have the Cast app, or be running Chrome if using ChromeCast to "Extend" what the browser is showing on a hd TV.

I am very aware of the specs on the Chromecast, since my company deals with technology, and consulting for Compsec.

You have to also with have the Cast app, or be running Chrome if using ChromeCast to "Extend" what the browser is showing on a hd TV.

I am very aware of the specs on the Chromecast, since my company deals with technology, and consulting for Compsec.

5 of 8 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 5:23:38 PM
(0)
Employee

So then how can the OP use the HDDVR with the Chromecast? please enlighten me

So then how can the OP use the HDDVR with the Chromecast? please enlighten me

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 8 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 6:27:52 PM
(0)
Administrator

Actually it can be done, if they are using a Sling box, and extending the Chrome browser through the device.

It has already been stated that the device is not made to use an a HDMI extender, so why repeat the information again.

If the OP like some that see these new gadgets, actually took the time to read about them, not use forums as if they are a search engine, they would figure it out sooner or later.

You learn with posts like the OP, to just give them an answer, in that they need to either state that they have done their homework on the gadget, or that the forum is not Cha-Cha.com.

Actually it can be done, if they are using a Sling box, and extending the Chrome browser through the device.

It has already been stated that the device is not made to use an a HDMI extender, so why repeat the information again.

If the OP like some that see these new gadgets, actually took the time to read about them, not use forums as if they are a search engine, they would figure it out sooner or later.

You learn with posts like the OP, to just give them an answer, in that they need to either state that they have done their homework on the gadget, or that the forum is not Cha-Cha.com.

7 of 8 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 9:50:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes you can if you habe the screen cast option on your andruod device. Connect your andruod device using screen cast. Then open direct tv app, select watch, tablet or phone. You are now watching direct tv through your chromecast on a non smart tv.

Yes you can if you habe the screen cast option on your andruod device. Connect your andruod device using screen cast. Then open direct tv app, select watch, tablet or phone. You are now watching direct tv through your chromecast on a non smart tv.

8 of 8 (4,563 Views)