Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted May 14, 2014
2:54:12 PM
View profile
Brand new Installation of HD HR44

I have had my HR44 professionally installed for a little under two weeks. The main DVR downstairs (HR44) has began to encounter problems within the last week. About once a day the box becomes unresponsive to the command power, via remote and box itself. I will afterwards have to manually unplug it and attempt to turn it on afterwards. It will eventually go through its reboot steps and start working again. Is there a reason why this is happening to my box?

I have had my HR44 professionally installed for a little under two weeks. The main DVR downstairs (HR44) has began to encounter problems within the last week. About once a day the box becomes unresponsive to the command power, via remote and box itself. I will afterwards have to manually unplug it and attempt to turn it on afterwards. It will eventually go through its reboot steps and start working again. Is there a reason why this is happening to my box?

Brand new Installation of HD HR44

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 2:57:04 PM
(0)
Guru

What remote model do you have

What remote model do you have

Re: Brand new Installation of HD HR44

2 of 6 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 3:00:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

RC71

RC71

3 of 6 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 3:05:26 PM
(0)
Guru

Press mute and enter and hold them down this will put the remote in rf mode may bee that will help you out

Press mute and enter and hold them down this will put the remote in rf mode may bee that will help you out

4 of 6 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 3:48:08 PM
(0)
Professor

The red button behind the access card door will also reset the HR44 and you are still under the 90 day warranty so if it continues call DTV back.

The red button behind the access card door will also reset the HR44 and you are still under the 90 day warranty so if it continues call DTV back.

5 of 6 (14 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2014 10:13:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Possibly a bad receiver, I rarely see HR44s go bad but I have seen it.  If both the receiver and remote are not responding to the power button on each then it is possibly the receiver or there maybe some voltage running in the system where it shouldn't be.  I would call DirecTV and have a tech look at it.

Possibly a bad receiver, I rarely see HR44s go bad but I have seen it.  If both the receiver and remote are not responding to the power button on each then it is possibly the receiver or there maybe some voltage running in the system where it shouldn't be.  I would call DirecTV and have a tech look at it.

6 of 6 (14 Views)