Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Dec 14, 2012
8:40:12 AM
View profile
Autotuned

I am using a Slingbox to watch DirectV and sometimes I get a message which says the current program has been autotuned and then asks if I am sure that I want to interupt the program.

What is autotuned and is there a way not to get the message?

I am using a Slingbox to watch DirectV and sometimes I get a message which says the current program has been autotuned and then asks if I am sure that I want to interupt the program.

What is autotuned and is there a way not to get the message?

Autotuned

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 10:32:20 AM
(0)
Expert

Autotune is a system whereby you select a program to be shown at a time selected from the guide.  However, this system is on receives and is not available on a DVR or the C31 client.  What is the model number of your receiver?

Autotune is a system whereby you select a program to be shown at a time selected from the guide.  However, this system is on receives and is not available on a DVR or the C31 client.  What is the model number of your receiver?

Re: Autotuned

2 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 10:47:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

I do not know the model number but the Slingbox is connected to a client (I am not located where the client is)

I do not know the model number but the Slingbox is connected to a client (I am not located where the client is)

3 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 10:52:13 AM
(0)
Expert

We use the term client to indicate a C31 Genie Client.  You'll need to contact whoever owns the system you're watching and tell them to take the autotune off the programs.  They obviously have a non DVR receiver and have set the autotune to suit their needs.

We use the term client to indicate a C31 Genie Client.  You'll need to contact whoever owns the system you're watching and tell them to take the autotune off the programs.  They obviously have a non DVR receiver and have set the autotune to suit their needs.

4 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 12:27:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

You are correct that the "client": I am referring to is probably not the correct term since the "device" is connected to a DVR which is not a Genie.

Are you saying that the devce is being set to record something and that when I change the channel I am stopping the recording?  How does one "take the sutotune off the program"?

You are correct that the "client": I am referring to is probably not the correct term since the "device" is connected to a DVR which is not a Genie.

Are you saying that the devce is being set to record something and that when I change the channel I am stopping the recording?  How does one "take the sutotune off the program"?

5 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 12:43:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by neil154 

You need to make sure of the receiver's model.  DVRs do not have autotune.  but AAR, in the receivers menu go to the "series manger" and delete the auto tunes

You need to make sure of the receiver's model.  DVRs do not have autotune.  but AAR, in the receivers menu go to the "series manger" and delete the auto tunes

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 1:04:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

Okay, the next time I am home I can take "autotune" off but again until I do that does it mean that when I "interupt" that I am stopping a recording in progress?  If not what does it mean?

Okay, the next time I am home I can take "autotune" off but again until I do that does it mean that when I "interupt" that I am stopping a recording in progress?  If not what does it mean?

7 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 1:21:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

No, it just means that you're preventing that Receiver from tuning to the Autotune channel.  

No, it just means that you're preventing that Receiver from tuning to the Autotune channel.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 1:37:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

yo can also remove the auto tune via the sling box using the DirecTV interface 

yo can also remove the auto tune via the sling box using the DirecTV interface 

9 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 1:40:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

Okay what is the autune channel?  How do I remove autotune using Slingbox, when I went to manage recording I did not see anything that said autotune?

Okay what is the autune channel?  How do I remove autotune using Slingbox, when I went to manage recording I did not see anything that said autotune?

10 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 1:48:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

there is no auto tune channel.  is a setting on your receiver 

there is no auto tune channel.  is a setting on your receiver 

11 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 2:05:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

Okay, I still do not understand what autotune is and I would like to know how to turn it off using Slingbox

Okay, I still do not understand what autotune is and I would like to know how to turn it off using Slingbox

12 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 2:16:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

"Autotune" works like setting up a DVR recording, except it simply tunes to the programmed channel at the programmed time.  You should be able to delete them under "Manage Autotunes" in the Setup Menu. 

"Autotune" works like setting up a DVR recording, except it simply tunes to the programmed channel at the programmed time.  You should be able to delete them under "Manage Autotunes" in the Setup Menu. 

13 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 2:32:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I went thru all of the commands under settings and do not see anything that looks like Autotune, please give me specific directions

I went thru all of the commands under settings and do not see anything that looks like Autotune, please give me specific directions

14 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 2:47:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Sorry, I'm  not in front of a Receiver right now.  Hopefully one of the other guys will know the exact sequence. 

Sorry, I'm  not in front of a Receiver right now.  Hopefully one of the other guys will know the exact sequence. 

15 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 3:04:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I don't a receiver either.  but we MUST know what model of receiver do you have.  you can find this by going to the menu and system info

I don't a receiver either.  but we MUST know what model of receiver do you have.  you can find this by going to the menu and system info

16 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 3:47:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Menu > Extras > Manage Autotunes

Menu > Extras > Manage Autotunes

17 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 4:28:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, I turned it off

Thanks, I turned it off

18 of 19 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2012 4:33:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Good to hear.  Enjoy.

Good to hear.  Enjoy.

19 of 19 (25 Views)