Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2013
10:31:30 AM
View profile
Autotune?

I've had things similar to this happen in the past and I was always told that dvrs don"t autotune.  Well it happened again last night.  My dvr was set to record two shows at 10pm - Hostages on channel 2 and Blacklist on channel 4.  I was watching tv on channel 206, Monday Night Football.  I assumed that shortly before 10 a message would pop up saying it needed to change channels at 10 to record those shows.  This is what usually happens when recording two shows at once.  However that is not what happened.  Instead I got a message pop up that said Unexpected Autotune Conflict.There is an unexpected conflict due to broadcast schedule changes.  Press SELECT on the Cancel Recording button for the program you want to cancel.  Then it listed

1.  LIVE   Today. 9:56pm 206     Cancel Autotune 1

2. Hostages Today 10:01pm 2    Cancel Recording 2

Cancel Both

i tried checking Menu to see if my other set to record program was still listed but I couldn't do anything until I selected something above.  I chose to Cancel Autotune 1.  I then changed the channel to channel 2 just to be safe.  At 10:01 both programs I wanted to record did record.  If I wasn't watching tv though I'm not sure what would have happened as it would have bern on channel 206 and the message would not have been answered.

In the past when I think this happened before only one of the shows that was set to record would record.

i took a photo of the tv with the message on it but I don't think there is a way for me to attach it to this post.

Anyone ever see this before or have any idea why it happens once in awhile?

Thanks!

I've had things similar to this happen in the past and I was always told that dvrs don"t autotune.  Well it happened again last night.  My dvr was set to record two shows at 10pm - Hostages on channel 2 and Blacklist on channel 4.  I was watching tv on channel 206, Monday Night Football.  I assumed that shortly before 10 a message would pop up saying it needed to change channels at 10 to record those shows.  This is what usually happens when recording two shows at once.  However that is not what happened.  Instead I got a message pop up that said Unexpected Autotune Conflict.There is an unexpected conflict due to broadcast schedule changes.  Press SELECT on the Cancel Recording button for the program you want to cancel.  Then it listed

1.  LIVE   Today. 9:56pm 206     Cancel Autotune 1

2. Hostages Today 10:01pm 2    Cancel Recording 2

Cancel Both

i tried checking Menu to see if my other set to record program was still listed but I couldn't do anything until I selected something above.  I chose to Cancel Autotune 1.  I then changed the channel to channel 2 just to be safe.  At 10:01 both programs I wanted to record did record.  If I wasn't watching tv though I'm not sure what would have happened as it would have bern on channel 206 and the message would not have been answered.

In the past when I think this happened before only one of the shows that was set to record would record.

i took a photo of the tv with the message on it but I don't think there is a way for me to attach it to this post.

Anyone ever see this before or have any idea why it happens once in awhile?

Thanks!

Autotune?

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 10:47:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Interesting. What model DVR do you have?

Interesting. What model DVR do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Autotune?

2 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 11:04:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

R16-300

R16-300

3 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 11:07:22 AM
(0)
Employee
you can use dropbox or Google drive to host the picture and share the link here
you can use dropbox or Google drive to host the picture and share the link here
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 11:11:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The R16 shouldn't have the "Autotune" feature.   You might want to reset your DVR (red button behind front panel access card door).

The R16 shouldn't have the "Autotune" feature.   You might want to reset your DVR (red button behind front panel access card door).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 11:21:00 AM
(0)
Mentor

6 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 11:28:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

I found my last post about this happening.  It was back in Feb.  I know the dvr has been reset since then so I don't think that is it.  After rereading my other post I think it has to do with the way my husband changes channels or sets things up because both times he was the last one using the remote and I am usually the one who usually is using it.  Both instances he has been using the remote before the autotune message appears.  Hmm...

I found my last post about this happening.  It was back in Feb.  I know the dvr has been reset since then so I don't think that is it.  After rereading my other post I think it has to do with the way my husband changes channels or sets things up because both times he was the last one using the remote and I am usually the one who usually is using it.  Both instances he has been using the remote before the autotune message appears.  Hmm...

7 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 2:22:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

Re: Re: Autotune?

8 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 2:26:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

I've tried posting the photo twice using the link to the Google Drive and my comments are coming back with and ! In yellow stating Currently being moderated.  So I don't think they are viewable to anyone but me.  Am I doing something wrong?

I've tried posting the photo twice using the link to the Google Drive and my comments are coming back with and ! In yellow stating Currently being moderated.  So I don't think they are viewable to anyone but me.  Am I doing something wrong?

9 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 3:13:24 PM
(0)
Employee

Send me a PM with the link.  you have to "follow me" first

Send me a PM with the link.  you have to "follow me" first

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 3:45:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

The links have been approved so you should see them now above my last comment.

The links have been approved so you should see them now above my last comment.

11 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 4:07:58 AM
(0)
Expert

The photos are fully viewable on my system.  A note regarding the red button reset.  Please, before you do anything else, run that.  The fact that you've run a reset in the past several months has no bearing, the reset is akin to restarting a computer, it's benign and the first line of defense against odd problems such as this.  By the way, look inside the card door on the DVR and confirm the full model number.

The photos are fully viewable on my system.  A note regarding the red button reset.  Please, before you do anything else, run that.  The fact that you've run a reset in the past several months has no bearing, the reset is akin to restarting a computer, it's benign and the first line of defense against odd problems such as this.  By the way, look inside the card door on the DVR and confirm the full model number.

12 of 13 (396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 1:45:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

Model R16-300

Model R16-300

13 of 13 (396 Views)