Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted May 20, 2014
3:59:13 AM
Anyone Not Happy with Tivo

Since changing to a Tivo DVR (which I love apart from this issue) I get annoyed when the DVR decides to change channels on the tuner that is either not being used or is paused, to record programs for On Demand.   During March madness I was watching two games -- pausing one and then switching to the other tuner to watch another.   Well apparently after a set period of time (15 minutes I think) Tivo decides that I am no longer watching a show on the other tuner and stops my pause and starts recording on channel 1100 for an On Demand show.  Talk about being mad -- I missed the end of my teams game.:smileyangry:

I talked to tech support and they said that this was a Tivo issue.  I called Tivo and they said that DirecTV does the programming for their specific needs.

My gripe is that DirecTV gives me the option to let the DVR record programs that it thinks I like but does not give me the option to stop the recording of On Demand shows that I never ever watch.

Is anyone else upset at this?

Alan

Since changing to a Tivo DVR (which I love apart from this issue) I get annoyed when the DVR decides to change channels on the tuner that is either not being used or is paused, to record programs for On Demand.   During March madness I was watching two games -- pausing one and then switching to the other tuner to watch another.   Well apparently after a set period of time (15 minutes I think) Tivo decides that I am no longer watching a show on the other tuner and stops my pause and starts recording on channel 1100 for an On Demand show.  Talk about being mad -- I missed the end of my teams game.:smileyangry:

I talked to tech support and they said that this was a Tivo issue.  I called Tivo and they said that DirecTV does the programming for their specific needs.

My gripe is that DirecTV gives me the option to let the DVR record programs that it thinks I like but does not give me the option to stop the recording of On Demand shows that I never ever watch.

Is anyone else upset at this?

Alan

Anyone Not Happy with Tivo

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2014 5:24:00 AM
(0)
Expert

I don't have a Tivo, but on the standard Directv Genies you can delete the automatically recorded programs thus:  Menu -> Search -> TV Shows -> Genie Settings -> turn Genie recommends off.

As to your other problem, if I have two programs I want to follow, I always record them and then watch them from the playlist.  That way there is no way you can be interrupted.

I don't have a Tivo, but on the standard Directv Genies you can delete the automatically recorded programs thus:  Menu -> Search -> TV Shows -> Genie Settings -> turn Genie recommends off.

As to your other problem, if I have two programs I want to follow, I always record them and then watch them from the playlist.  That way there is no way you can be interrupted.

Re: Anyone Not Happy with Tivo

2 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2014 11:44:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You're not alone.   It's one reason why the new THR22 isn't very popular.  

You're not alone.   It's one reason why the new THR22 isn't very popular.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2014 9:46:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have a friend that has the TIVO and he has the same complaint.

I have the Genie and have not had this problem.

I have a friend that has the TIVO and he has the same complaint.

I have the Genie and have not had this problem.

4 of 5 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2014 11:02:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's a problem that's unique to TiVo.

It's a problem that's unique to TiVo.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (5 Views)