Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Aug 28, 2014
9:12:10 PM
All shows set to record early prompt me to delete as soon as I watch a few minutes.

I have been experiencing a highly frustrating problem with my DirecTV service (which was just installed this past month) . Any show that I set to start recording 'x' minutes early will record all the way through just fine. But, when I go to watch what I've recorded I can only watch the few minutes I've set to record early and maybe several more before it ends and prompts me to delete it!  This happens when just playing or fast forwarding every single time with every show.

EXAMPLE: I was recording The Simpsons from the ongoing marathon. Because most of them are way out of sync with the start times it would record, I decided to add 5 minute cushioning to the start and end of each.  Here is a video to show you what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/iW7HXk6W9pA

I have the latest Genie DVR plus one mini Genie (wireless) and this happens on both of them.

I have been experiencing a highly frustrating problem with my DirecTV service (which was just installed this past month) . Any show that I set to start recording 'x' minutes early will record all the way through just fine. But, when I go to watch what I've recorded I can only watch the few minutes I've set to record early and maybe several more before it ends and prompts me to delete it!  This happens when just playing or fast forwarding every single time with every show.

EXAMPLE: I was recording The Simpsons from the ongoing marathon. Because most of them are way out of sync with the start times it would record, I decided to add 5 minute cushioning to the start and end of each.  Here is a video to show you what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/iW7HXk6W9pA

I have the latest Genie DVR plus one mini Genie (wireless) and this happens on both of them.

All shows set to record early prompt me to delete as soon as I watch a few minutes.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 10:50:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model Genie DVR do you have?  Look for the label behind the front panel access card door.  While you're there, try resetting the Genie using the red reset button.  See if that helps.

Is this only happening with recordings that you set to start recording early?

What model Genie DVR do you have?  Look for the label behind the front panel access card door.  While you're there, try resetting the Genie using the red reset button.  See if that helps.

Is this only happening with recordings that you set to start recording early?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: All shows set to record early prompt me to delete as soon as I watch a few minutes.

2 of 4 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 9:11:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is this only on FX? If so it looks lik3e yet another guide data glitch from FX (lots of these reported by the way). Set the shows to extend by 30 minutes and see if that solves the problem. I have every FX series link extended by 30 minutes and that solved it for me.

Is this only on FX? If so it looks lik3e yet another guide data glitch from FX (lots of these reported by the way). Set the shows to extend by 30 minutes and see if that solves the problem. I have every FX series link extended by 30 minutes and that solved it for me.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: All shows set to record early prompt me to delete as soon as I watch a few minutes.

3 of 4 (7 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 11:12:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the HR44-500 model. After doing a reset as you suggested, I tried recording two more from the same network (FXX) both set to start early and end late. These seem to work fine. Also I tested a show recorded on another channel before and it also works.  So it was something with just The Simpsons on FXX that apparently a restart fixed.  However, all previously recorded episodes are still glitched so will have to be deleted.  Thank you.

I have the HR44-500 model. After doing a reset as you suggested, I tried recording two more from the same network (FXX) both set to start early and end late. These seem to work fine. Also I tested a show recorded on another channel before and it also works.  So it was something with just The Simpsons on FXX that apparently a restart fixed.  However, all previously recorded episodes are still glitched so will have to be deleted.  Thank you.

4 of 4 (7 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments