Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 5, 2013
4:22:38 PM
View profile
(775)

Keep getting a CABLING ISSUES (775) message. Called in and they were no help. They can not get a tech out for over a week. So I am with out service till a tech can get here. Anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

Keep getting a CABLING ISSUES (775) message. Called in and they were no help. They can not get a tech out for over a week. So I am with out service till a tech can get here. Anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

(775)

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 4:24:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Tell us what receivers/DVRs you have, and what type of dish.

Tell us what receivers/DVRs you have, and what type of dish.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: (775)

2 of 6 (120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 4:28:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have a Slimline dish and a HD DVD receiver model number HR24-200.

I have a Slimline dish and a HD DVD receiver model number HR24-200.

3 of 6 (120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 5:33:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

is the SWM power inserter connected to a working AC outlet with a solid green light?

Have you moved/disconnected anything?

is the SWM power inserter connected to a working AC outlet with a solid green light?

Have you moved/disconnected anything?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 6:18:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

There is nothing between the cables and the outlet. Did not see anything. We have not moved anything. Had a few rain showers over the past two days.

There is nothing between the cables and the outlet. Did not see anything. We have not moved anything. Had a few rain showers over the past two days.

5 of 6 (120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 11:42:10 AM
(0)
Expert

Press the dash :smileyminus: button on the DVR's remote.  Does the resulting message indicate a SWM present?  If so, you have a power inserter (see link).  You must assure that the PI has a solid green light.   If so, then check all the coax fittings you can find for tightness.

DIRECTV PI-21 21V 1.5A Power Inserter for SWimLine dish (PI-21) - Solid Signal

Press the dash :smileyminus: button on the DVR's remote.  Does the resulting message indicate a SWM present?  If so, you have a power inserter (see link).  You must assure that the PI has a solid green light.   If so, then check all the coax fittings you can find for tightness.

DIRECTV PI-21 21V 1.5A Power Inserter for SWimLine dish (PI-21) - Solid Signal

6 of 6 (120 Views)