Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Jul 10, 2013
7:18:38 AM
View profile
771/775 Errors

Have DirectTV about 7 months now, so this is the first summer for the equipment in our home. Last couple days start loosing signal and finally called Tech Support and they are going to send out a Tech on 7/12. They had me check connections and SWM green-light conditions, etc., but couldn't find solution. Noticed last night that later in the evening and during late night, problem goes away. Same thing early AM...no issues; just seems to be a problem late afternoon and evening. Hmmm???

Our SWM and internet interface etc is located in an Attic crawlspace where due to TX heat can easily get to 140+ during the day. I went on-line this AM and found that the recommended Operating Temp for the SWM is:

• Operating temperature range: C -34 to +52 (-29 to 125.6F).

Could high temp be the issue? Yesterday outside air temp in late afternoon was 104.

I noticed lots of other people complaining about similar issue on forums yesterday...

Have DirectTV about 7 months now, so this is the first summer for the equipment in our home. Last couple days start loosing signal and finally called Tech Support and they are going to send out a Tech on 7/12. They had me check connections and SWM green-light conditions, etc., but couldn't find solution. Noticed last night that later in the evening and during late night, problem goes away. Same thing early AM...no issues; just seems to be a problem late afternoon and evening. Hmmm???

Our SWM and internet interface etc is located in an Attic crawlspace where due to TX heat can easily get to 140+ during the day. I went on-line this AM and found that the recommended Operating Temp for the SWM is:

• Operating temperature range: C -34 to +52 (-29 to 125.6F).

Could high temp be the issue? Yesterday outside air temp in late afternoon was 104.

I noticed lots of other people complaining about similar issue on forums yesterday...

771/775 Errors

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 1:32:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What "SWM" are you referring to?

What "SWM" are you referring to?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 771/775 Errors

2 of 4 (24 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 2:10:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

The SWM is the device that is connected to the Sat dish then cables off to the splitter and goes to all the Genie/clients. When on the phone with support, they said "go check the SWM and make sure it has power and a steady green light". Ours is inside the attic space where the temp rises during the day.

The SWM is the device that is connected to the Sat dish then cables off to the splitter and goes to all the Genie/clients. When on the phone with support, they said "go check the SWM and make sure it has power and a steady green light". Ours is inside the attic space where the temp rises during the day.

3 of 4 (24 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 4:34:20 PM
(0)
Expert

We refer to that device as the Power Inserter.  The fact is has the letters SWM on the surface causes some folks to refer to it as the SWM.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=pi-21&d=directv-pi-21-21v-1.5a-power-inserter-for-swimline-di...

We refer to that device as the Power Inserter.  The fact is has the letters SWM on the surface causes some folks to refer to it as the SWM.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=pi-21&d=directv-pi-21-21v-1.5a-power-inserter-for-swimline-dish-(pi-21)&sku=185463000894

4 of 4 (24 Views)