Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 10, 2014
6:46:42 PM
View profile
my new ipad came with no internet browser?!? help!
Do I just download one, and if so which one? Is this an error?
Do I just download one, and if so which one? Is this an error?
Accepted Solution

my new ipad came with no internet browser?!? help!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 11, 2014 4:48:30 AM
(1)
Master

The built-in browser on Apple products is called Safari and it's Icon looks like this. Apple Safari icon

If your new iPad was previously used, the previous owner might have added a different browser and moved or deleted the Safari icon. If so you can do a factory reset on the iPad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

The built-in browser on Apple products is called Safari and it's Icon looks like this. Apple Safari icon

If your new iPad was previously used, the previous owner might have added a different browser and moved or deleted the Safari icon. If so you can do a factory reset on the iPad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: my new ipad came with no internet browser?!? help!

2 of 4 (807 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 5:16:35 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Peddler_1 on Jan 17, 2014 at 5:18:55 AM

Apple generally uses Safari as a browser. That's what I use on my Air. Try getting it as an app.

Another option I REALLY like is Applecare that insures your device and also gives you 24/7 support which I find to be second to none. Real people from your country answer the phone and you rarely have to be transfered or fool around with following prompts and all the other stuff we accept as being 'customer service' nowadays.

>>>after posting that above I see ATT beat me to it. Sorry.

Apple generally uses Safari as a browser. That's what I use on my Air. Try getting it as an app.

Another option I REALLY like is Applecare that insures your device and also gives you 24/7 support which I find to be second to none. Real people from your country answer the phone and you rarely have to be transfered or fool around with following prompts and all the other stuff we accept as being 'customer service' nowadays.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (733 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 5:51:53 AM
(1)
Master

Peddler_1 wrote:

No A-T-T, just a regular J-O-E.

Peddler_1 wrote:

No A-T-T, just a regular J-O-E.

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 4 (725 Views)