Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 21, 2009
1:06:04 PM
connection problem with my macbook pro
hi i don't know why but whenever i am using my macbook on my wireless home network the connection dies and internet is unavailable for about a minute and comes back on and it does not happen with other computer which is not a macbook how do i fix this?
hi i don't know why but whenever i am using my macbook on my wireless home network the connection dies and internet is unavailable for about a minute and comes back on and it does not happen with other computer which is not a macbook how do i fix this?
Accepted Solution

connection problem with my macbook pro

101 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(101)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2010 1:27:32 PM
(0)
Teacher
is there anyway to get new internet modem?
is there anyway to get new internet modem?

Re: connection problem with my macbook pro

31 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 10:06:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hi - I appreciate all the AT&T techs telling us to go through all these steps, but it is obvious from the reading and other sites that the problem is an incompatibility between 2WIRE and Macs. My son has a Mac. Our DSL works fine with all our PCs and with any guests who come with PCs. But when he comes home with his Mac, the trouble begins. The 2WIRE Internet light turns red for a bit, then it reconnects. All other computers have to shut down browsers and reopen. Even the computer which is hard wired to one of the ethernet ports shuts down as well, so it does not just affect the wireless connections on the modem. Reading elsewhere says that the 2WIRE doesn't even support Macs. If that is the case, what was AT&T thinking when recommending it for their DSL installations? If something just needs to be tweaked on the Mac or on the 2WIRE, someone needs to be able to post what the tweak is. I hope AT&T can come up with a better answer than clearing cache or reinstalling something!
Hi - I appreciate all the AT&T techs telling us to go through all these steps, but it is obvious from the reading and other sites that the problem is an incompatibility between 2WIRE and Macs. My son has a Mac. Our DSL works fine with all our PCs and with any guests who come with PCs. But when he comes home with his Mac, the trouble begins. The 2WIRE Internet light turns red for a bit, then it reconnects. All other computers have to shut down browsers and reopen. Even the computer which is hard wired to one of the ethernet ports shuts down as well, so it does not just affect the wireless connections on the modem. Reading elsewhere says that the 2WIRE doesn't even support Macs. If that is the case, what was AT&T thinking when recommending it for their DSL installations? If something just needs to be tweaked on the Mac or on the 2WIRE, someone needs to be able to post what the tweak is. I hope AT&T can come up with a better answer than clearing cache or reinstalling something!

32 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2010 10:51:35 AM
(0)
Tutor
Exactly Jim. I'm waiting till i can scrap up enough cash to get either the airport express or extreme to run the wireless. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Any body else had luck with this setup using the 2wire and airport extreme for the wireless? For now it is unfortunate but I just have to deal with it.
Exactly Jim. I'm waiting till i can scrap up enough cash to get either the airport express or extreme to run the wireless. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Any body else had luck with this setup using the 2wire and airport extreme for the wireless? For now it is unfortunate but I just have to deal with it.

33 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 11:13:39 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello hyunbum11128, If you are interested in purchasing a new modem/router from the Equipment Shop, it is recommended that you contact the Equipment Shop through the number. (888-573-4147) You may also visit our web page through the link mentioned below: Main Page URL - http://att.com/equipment

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello hyunbum11128, If you are interested in purchasing a new modem/router from the Equipment Shop, it is recommended that you contact the Equipment Shop through the number. (888-573-4147) You may also visit our web page through the link mentioned below: Main Page URL - http://att.com/equipment
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

34 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 11:14:10 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello rkempf, I appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If you have followed all of the steps outlined above (as per the issue, which you are experiencing) and you are still experiencing problem while connecting through your 2 Wire router, it is recommended that you contact our Home Networking department, as they are trained to handle specific issues of 2 Wire router. You may contact our Home Networking department at 1-800-345-7669 (Mon - Sat 6:00 am - 8:00 pm), Sun 7:00 am - 6:30 pm Pacific Time).

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Hello rkempf, I appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If you have followed all of the steps outlined above (as per the issue, which you are experiencing) and you are still experiencing problem while connecting through your 2 Wire router, it is recommended that you contact our Home Networking department, as they are trained to handle specific issues of 2 Wire router. You may contact our Home Networking department at 1-800-345-7669 (Mon - Sat 6:00 am - 8:00 pm), Sun 7:00 am - 6:30 pm Pacific Time).
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

35 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2010 11:16:10 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi everyone,

The primary reason for intermittent connection between a Mac OS computer and 2Wire gateway is the type of encryption. Most Mac OS X computers prefer WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) as its encryption type. WPA is compatible with all Wi-Fi adapters but not all access points. This option uses WPA with a Pre-Shared Key (PSK), also known as personal. PSK is entered as a pass phrase between 8 to 63 alphanumeric characters in the ASCII format at both ends of the wireless connection.

If you have already tried to change the encryption method from WEP which uses 10 hexadecimal characters to WPA-PSK, you may also need to contact Apple Support and ask for any wireless patches that can possibly resolve this issue.

Otherwise, please contact our AT&T technical support over the phone (888-321-2375) or through chat for further troubleshooting.

To contact our AT&T eChat help desk, click the link below:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

Hi everyone,

The primary reason for intermittent connection between a Mac OS computer and 2Wire gateway is the type of encryption. Most Mac OS X computers prefer WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) as its encryption type. WPA is compatible with all Wi-Fi adapters but not all access points. This option uses WPA with a Pre-Shared Key (PSK), also known as personal. PSK is entered as a pass phrase between 8 to 63 alphanumeric characters in the ASCII format at both ends of the wireless connection.

If you have already tried to change the encryption method from WEP which uses 10 hexadecimal characters to WPA-PSK, you may also need to contact Apple Support and ask for any wireless patches that can possibly resolve this issue.

Otherwise, please contact our AT&T technical support over the phone (888-321-2375) or through chat for further troubleshooting.

To contact our AT&T eChat help desk, click the link below:

https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_se.aspx

36 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2010 7:45:22 PM
(0)
Teacher
it disconnects my dsl even when i changed to WPA-PSK and my airport patch is up to date im getting really tired of this thing...... do something please... talk to apple or something
it disconnects my dsl even when i changed to WPA-PSK and my airport patch is up to date im getting really tired of this thing...... do something please... talk to apple or something

37 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2010 4:08:32 PM
(0)
Tutor
Wow, I've been having this dropped connection since I switched to ATT DSL almost a year ago. I've put up with it this whole time and have had enough. Thought I'd try to fix it this evening. After reading this string, it doesn't appear that there is a fix? I have a late 2008 MacBook. I never had this problem on Comcast... Thinking of switching back unless someone has a quick fix. I don't want to spend months trying steps that lead to dead ends... I'm on hold trying to call ATT DSL support - online chat not equipped to deal with wireless issues.. 9 minutes on hold so far...
Wow, I've been having this dropped connection since I switched to ATT DSL almost a year ago. I've put up with it this whole time and have had enough. Thought I'd try to fix it this evening. After reading this string, it doesn't appear that there is a fix? I have a late 2008 MacBook. I never had this problem on Comcast... Thinking of switching back unless someone has a quick fix. I don't want to spend months trying steps that lead to dead ends... I'm on hold trying to call ATT DSL support - online chat not equipped to deal with wireless issues.. 9 minutes on hold so far...

38 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2010 4:43:16 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well, as an update, my call was answered in about 9 minutes. I was on the phone with ATT DSL support for 40 minutes. It didn't seem that long. They ran some tests from their side and have escalated my connection issue to the broadband team. Seems one of the tests came back with an error and there may be an issue with my line. I am expected to get a follow up call by 2 pm tomorrow. Maybe there is hope...
Well, as an update, my call was answered in about 9 minutes. I was on the phone with ATT DSL support for 40 minutes. It didn't seem that long. They ran some tests from their side and have escalated my connection issue to the broadband team. Seems one of the tests came back with an error and there may be an issue with my line. I am expected to get a follow up call by 2 pm tomorrow. Maybe there is hope...

39 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2010 4:56:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
I received an automated call from ATT regarding my trouble report stating that the "line appears to be testing OK at this time" and to press some number to confirm or another number to let them know there is still a problem or if I am unsure at this time, to call back a number when I have had a chance to check. I don't know if anything has changed but I do know that I have been online for about 45 minutes without a dropped connection. It's random to begin with - it could be completely fine and then the next day it will drop the connection numerous times. I guess I'll give it some time and the first time it drops the connection, I'll call that number to report the issue...
I received an automated call from ATT regarding my trouble report stating that the "line appears to be testing OK at this time" and to press some number to confirm or another number to let them know there is still a problem or if I am unsure at this time, to call back a number when I have had a chance to check. I don't know if anything has changed but I do know that I have been online for about 45 minutes without a dropped connection. It's random to begin with - it could be completely fine and then the next day it will drop the connection numerous times. I guess I'll give it some time and the first time it drops the connection, I'll call that number to report the issue...

40 of 102 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2010 8:20:00 PM
(0)
Tutor
And unfortunately, I've lost my connection twice this evening. Such a little annoying inconvenience... I'll respond to the automated phone call now... Issue not fixed.
And unfortunately, I've lost my connection twice this evening. Such a little annoying inconvenience... I'll respond to the automated phone call now... Issue not fixed.

41 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2010 8:27:20 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello tiffr, I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing intermittent connection issue while trying to connect to the Internet and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. In order to resolve this issue, we need to know the name of the modem/router that you are using and also the light status when the connection drops, if the Internet is working intermittently through the wireless connection and working fine through the ethernet cable connection, there could be problem with the wireless signals and the settings of the modem/router needs to be correct for the same. However, if the Internet is working intermittently while connecting the computer direct to the modem/router via ethernet cable, the problem could be with the filters or internal wiring. Please try to swap the filters and check if all the cables are connected properly or not. I would also like to explain that the DSL is very sensitive to Electromagnetic Interference (EMI). It is important to make sure that the DSL modem and telephone lines are placed in such a way as to minimize this interference, as well as placing them to provide adequate cooling. The following are a few of the possible causes of Electromagnetic Interference on a DSL line: - Halogen desk lamps near the DSL modem or telephone line, especially those with dimmers. - Any electrical dimmer switch. - Electronic devices, such as stereo speakers, PC speakers, televisions, monitors, microwave ovens, etc. - Routing the telephone line parallel to an AC power cord for more than a few inches. - Electronic insect electrocution devices (bug zappers). - Low quality 900MHz cordless telephones. - Any other emitter of high frequency electromagnetic radiation. - Placement of DSL equipment directly on a carpeted surface. After checking all the things mentioned above if the issue persist, it is recommended that you contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk. If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, or WI' area, please use the link mentioned below: https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

Hello tiffr, I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to let us know that you are experiencing intermittent connection issue while trying to connect to the Internet and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. In order to resolve this issue, we need to know the name of the modem/router that you are using and also the light status when the connection drops, if the Internet is working intermittently through the wireless connection and working fine through the ethernet cable connection, there could be problem with the wireless signals and the settings of the modem/router needs to be correct for the same. However, if the Internet is working intermittently while connecting the computer direct to the modem/router via ethernet cable, the problem could be with the filters or internal wiring. Please try to swap the filters and check if all the cables are connected properly or not. I would also like to explain that the DSL is very sensitive to Electromagnetic Interference (EMI). It is important to make sure that the DSL modem and telephone lines are placed in such a way as to minimize this interference, as well as placing them to provide adequate cooling. The following are a few of the possible causes of Electromagnetic Interference on a DSL line: - Halogen desk lamps near the DSL modem or telephone line, especially those with dimmers. - Any electrical dimmer switch. - Electronic devices, such as stereo speakers, PC speakers, televisions, monitors, microwave ovens, etc. - Routing the telephone line parallel to an AC power cord for more than a few inches. - Electronic insect electrocution devices (bug zappers). - Low quality 900MHz cordless telephones. - Any other emitter of high frequency electromagnetic radiation. - Placement of DSL equipment directly on a carpeted surface. After checking all the things mentioned above if the issue persist, it is recommended that you contact the AT&T eChat helpdesk. If you are in 'AR, CA, CT, IL, IN, KS, MI, MO, NV, OH, OK, TX, or WI' area, please use the link mentioned below: https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx

42 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2010 1:58:40 PM
(0)
Teacher
im getting really tired of this stupid disconnection either provide us a update that will fix everything or please provide solutions other than go to this live chat where it does not help anything or call apple or go to home network and change to WPA and channel to 11........
im getting really tired of this stupid disconnection either provide us a update that will fix everything or please provide solutions other than go to this live chat where it does not help anything or call apple or go to home network and change to WPA and channel to 11........

43 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2010 11:46:07 AM
(0)
Tutor
Well here i am working wireless at my mothers house who has comcast with a linksys n router. Working for over 1 hr wirelessly, not 1 issue with the connection. Oh man is it nice. Need to figure out either drop the at&t or try the airport express wireless with the 2wire combo. I'm really curious to know if any one has had luck with this combination ?Not sure how the speed compare to Att but just ran a speed test Comcast Down 20.97 mbs Up 4.20 mbs Using speakeasy.net When Im home I shall check att if the connection does not drop.
Well here i am working wireless at my mothers house who has comcast with a linksys n router. Working for over 1 hr wirelessly, not 1 issue with the connection. Oh man is it nice. Need to figure out either drop the at&t or try the airport express wireless with the 2wire combo. I'm really curious to know if any one has had luck with this combination ?Not sure how the speed compare to Att but just ran a speed test Comcast Down 20.97 mbs Up 4.20 mbs Using speakeasy.net When Im home I shall check att if the connection does not drop.

44 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2010 10:15:00 AM
(0)
Teacher
will apple be able to fix the disconnection with 10.6.3 upgrade? if not i will be seriously considering to change the internet provider....
will apple be able to fix the disconnection with 10.6.3 upgrade? if not i will be seriously considering to change the internet provider....

45 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2010 2:45:17 PM
(0)
Guru
I hate to point out the obvious here, but Penny and Cathy, you're advice is not working. No matter if we check all the cable connections (which by the way how do we get online in the first place if the cables aren't connected properly?), change the wireless channel, change the power setting, talk to eChat, nothing works! It's plain and simple, there is an inherent problem with this 2wire DSL modem and it's compatibility with Mac and AT&T simply doesn't have a fix. At one point you guys even recommended purchasing a new modem from the equipment shop. Are you INSANE? Why on earth should we pay for a new modem? This should be the sole responsibility of AT&T, not the customer. WE are the ones paying for service in the first place!! It appears the only solution to this problem is to switch providers.
I hate to point out the obvious here, but Penny and Cathy, you're advice is not working. No matter if we check all the cable connections (which by the way how do we get online in the first place if the cables aren't connected properly?), change the wireless channel, change the power setting, talk to eChat, nothing works! It's plain and simple, there is an inherent problem with this 2wire DSL modem and it's compatibility with Mac and AT&T simply doesn't have a fix. At one point you guys even recommended purchasing a new modem from the equipment shop. Are you INSANE? Why on earth should we pay for a new modem? This should be the sole responsibility of AT&T, not the customer. WE are the ones paying for service in the first place!! It appears the only solution to this problem is to switch providers.

46 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2010 8:34:49 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello jwhite00,

The wireless issues with 2 Wire router would still be best resolved if you work hand in hand with Home Networking team and troubleshoot according to their recommendations.
If you are experiencing wireless issue, while connecting your Mac book with 2 Wire router, it is recommended that you contact our Home Networking team. If require they may ask you to contact Mac technical support.

For assistance with wireless issue with 2 Wire router we have help available at 1-800-345-7669 between 6am to 8pm Monday through Saturday, 7:00am to 6:30pm on Sunday.

Hello jwhite00,

The wireless issues with 2 Wire router would still be best resolved if you work hand in hand with Home Networking team and troubleshoot according to their recommendations.
If you are experiencing wireless issue, while connecting your Mac book with 2 Wire router, it is recommended that you contact our Home Networking team. If require they may ask you to contact Mac technical support.

For assistance with wireless issue with 2 Wire router we have help available at 1-800-345-7669 between 6am to 8pm Monday through Saturday, 7:00am to 6:30pm on Sunday.

47 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2010 2:37:37 PM
(0)
Tutor
Just purchased a Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N from BB for $69.99 on sale down from $99.99. I plan to Bridge the 2wire this weekend, hope that solves the issues.
Just purchased a Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N from BB for $69.99 on sale down from $99.99. I plan to Bridge the 2wire this weekend, hope that solves the issues.

48 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2010 7:07:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have an ongoing issue with my DSL, it keeps dropping, randomly, sometimes once an hour, sometimes every 5 minutes. AT&T has been out here 3 times, they have replaced all the phone line from the road to my house, replaced the DSL filters with an external on the box, I have replaced my old westel modem with a new AT&T 2-Wire DSL modem and had all the wiring checked in my house. It doesn't seem to drop when I am just using my Dell. When my Macbook Pro tries to connect to the time machine backup (which is does successfully) it seems to drop. I have the Airport Extreme connected via ethernet to the 2-Wire, but I have also tried turning off the Time Machine backup, unplugging the Airport Extreme, disabling the backup on my MBP, and connected the DSL modem directly to the outside box on my house with nothing else on and it still keeps dropping. I have eliminated everything I can think of and every time I call AT&T they threaten me with an $80 fee just to come out. It is not a problem with my house wiring, my modem (just bought a second new 2-wire today, still drops the connection)? I called AT&T DSL and a Level 2 Tech said he "thought" there was noise on the line but they could not (or would not) troubleshoot any farther because there was an appointment for someone to look at my phone line and they wouldn't do anything else until that was done (although they have already done that 3 times now). Any suggestions at all, other than the so obvious ones listed? This has been going on for about a month and it driving me crazy. I am on AT&T's 6mb DSL FastAccess. My 2-Wire connection settings are below, but right now it is connected of course. AT&T DSL 2-Wire Modem 2701HG-8
I have an ongoing issue with my DSL, it keeps dropping, randomly, sometimes once an hour, sometimes every 5 minutes. AT&T has been out here 3 times, they have replaced all the phone line from the road to my house, replaced the DSL filters with an external on the box, I have replaced my old westel modem with a new AT&T 2-Wire DSL modem and had all the wiring checked in my house. It doesn't seem to drop when I am just using my Dell. When my Macbook Pro tries to connect to the time machine backup (which is does successfully) it seems to drop. I have the Airport Extreme connected via ethernet to the 2-Wire, but I have also tried turning off the Time Machine backup, unplugging the Airport Extreme, disabling the backup on my MBP, and connected the DSL modem directly to the outside box on my house with nothing else on and it still keeps dropping. I have eliminated everything I can think of and every time I call AT&T they threaten me with an $80 fee just to come out. It is not a problem with my house wiring, my modem (just bought a second new 2-wire today, still drops the connection)? I called AT&T DSL and a Level 2 Tech said he "thought" there was noise on the line but they could not (or would not) troubleshoot any farther because there was an appointment for someone to look at my phone line and they wouldn't do anything else until that was done (although they have already done that 3 times now). Any suggestions at all, other than the so obvious ones listed? This has been going on for about a month and it driving me crazy. I am on AT&T's 6mb DSL FastAccess. My 2-Wire connection settings are below, but right now it is connected of course. AT&T DSL 2-Wire Modem 2701HG-8

49 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2010 11:57:32 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi scottfillmer,

I am very sorry for all the trouble that this issue had caused you. It would be better if you call our DSL Help Desk at 888.321.2375 and request to be transferred to our 2Wire Home Networking Level 2 since all the possible troubleshooting steps that we can give you are already listed on this thread. This should have nothing to do with your DSL signal since your Dell (Windows) computer can connect to the internet just fine. Please follow their recommendation regarding the incompatibility issues between your Mac OS computer and 2Wire gateway.

Hi scottfillmer,

I am very sorry for all the trouble that this issue had caused you. It would be better if you call our DSL Help Desk at 888.321.2375 and request to be transferred to our 2Wire Home Networking Level 2 since all the possible troubleshooting steps that we can give you are already listed on this thread. This should have nothing to do with your DSL signal since your Dell (Windows) computer can connect to the internet just fine. Please follow their recommendation regarding the incompatibility issues between your Mac OS computer and 2Wire gateway.

50 of 102 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2010 3:51:06 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hooked up the Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N this weekend and bridged the 2wire gateway. 3 day's past now and not a single issue with the dropped connection anymore every single minute with my macbook. I'm so happy!!!!! A lady at Cisco in the Philipines support center helped me configure the Linksys. I would recommend anyone else having the same issue and At&T cannot fix, to bridge the gateway and by a new router
Hooked up the Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N this weekend and bridged the 2wire gateway. 3 day's past now and not a single issue with the dropped connection anymore every single minute with my macbook. I'm so happy!!!!! A lady at Cisco in the Philipines support center helped me configure the Linksys. I would recommend anyone else having the same issue and At&T cannot fix, to bridge the gateway and by a new router

51 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2010 10:24:57 AM
(0)
Teacher
now that 10.6.3 is out i will see if the internet got fixed
now that 10.6.3 is out i will see if the internet got fixed

52 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2010 11:45:51 AM
(0)
Teacher
still havent been fixed
still havent been fixed

53 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2010 4:02:45 AM
(0)
Employee
Hello ,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I appreciate the admirable restraint you exercised in your message. My sincere apologies for the time you have spent dealing with this issue.

Your issue would be best resolved if you work hand in hand with AT&T Home Networking technician and troubleshoot according to their recommendations. 
Please, contact Home Networking at 

877-722-3755 and let them know about the incompatibility issue that you are experiencing with your Macbook and 2 Wire wireless connection.

They are open 24/7.

Hello ,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I appreciate the admirable restraint you exercised in your message. My sincere apologies for the time you have spent dealing with this issue.

Your issue would be best resolved if you work hand in hand with AT&T Home Networking technician and troubleshoot according to their recommendations. 
Please, contact Home Networking at 

877-722-3755 and let them know about the incompatibility issue that you are experiencing with your Macbook and 2 Wire wireless connection.

They are open 24/7.

54 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2010 3:12:29 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have the same problem! This is definitely an issue that needs to be fixed ASAP I'm so tired of hearing the rest of my family gripe when I connect my macbook to the internet when they have been cruising just fine all day!
I have the same problem! This is definitely an issue that needs to be fixed ASAP I'm so tired of hearing the rest of my family gripe when I connect my macbook to the internet when they have been cruising just fine all day!

55 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2010 10:41:40 AM
(0)
Teacher
att are just keep telling me to call when every time i call them they tell me to do same things...
att are just keep telling me to call when every time i call them they tell me to do same things...

56 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2010 2:44:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
TRY THIS. Working perfeclty for weeks now. Hooked up the Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N this weekend and bridged the 2wire gateway. 3 day's past now and not a single issue with the dropped connection anymore every single minute with my macbook. I'm so happy!!!!! A lady at Cisco in the Philipines support center helped me configure the Linksys. I would recommend anyone else having the same issue and At&T cannot fix, to bridge the gateway and by a new router
TRY THIS. Working perfeclty for weeks now. Hooked up the Cisco Linksys router Model: WRT120N this weekend and bridged the 2wire gateway. 3 day's past now and not a single issue with the dropped connection anymore every single minute with my macbook. I'm so happy!!!!! A lady at Cisco in the Philipines support center helped me configure the Linksys. I would recommend anyone else having the same issue and At&T cannot fix, to bridge the gateway and by a new router

57 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2010 8:53:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

hey dude im from the philippines too and im having the same problems like everyone here.

may i ask how did you bridge your gateway 2wire to a modem?

hey dude im from the philippines too and im having the same problems like everyone here.

may i ask how did you bridge your gateway 2wire to a modem?

58 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2010 3:11:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

The issue is a communication problem between the gateway modem/router to the Macbook pro.

I just had u-verse internet installed 3 days ago. i am going through the very same issues as everyone else who has posted.

Yes you can use another roughter to bridge the issue but we as consumers shouldnt have to do that. Its a waste of our money to spend extra.

Gateway and Apple need to come up with a permanent fix for this problem. I was on the phone with tech support 3 times  on the phone and had 2 servicemen out to the house to see if they could resolve the problem. NO SUCCESS.

AT&T tech-support needs to stop posting fix-it solutions on here. THEY DO NOT WORK. There needs to be a firmware upgrade or update from both Gateway and or Apple.

This is embarrassing for AT&T who has a very strong partnership with Apple via iPhone etc.

PLEASE for the sake of the all AT&T U-verse customer who use macbook/macbook pros,
FIX THIS PROBLEM once and for all.

D.

The issue is a communication problem between the gateway modem/router to the Macbook pro.

I just had u-verse internet installed 3 days ago. i am going through the very same issues as everyone else who has posted.

Yes you can use another roughter to bridge the issue but we as consumers shouldnt have to do that. Its a waste of our money to spend extra.

Gateway and Apple need to come up with a permanent fix for this problem. I was on the phone with tech support 3 times  on the phone and had 2 servicemen out to the house to see if they could resolve the problem. NO SUCCESS.

AT&T tech-support needs to stop posting fix-it solutions on here. THEY DO NOT WORK. There needs to be a firmware upgrade or update from both Gateway and or Apple.

This is embarrassing for AT&T who has a very strong partnership with Apple via iPhone etc.

PLEASE for the sake of the all AT&T U-verse customer who use macbook/macbook pros,
FIX THIS PROBLEM once and for all.

D.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS THIS...

59 of 102 (1,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2010 8:34:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

first

i do not need or want to pay extra for something i do not need to spend on

second

att should either do something about it instead of telling everyone to do something that does not work.....

first

i do not need or want to pay extra for something i do not need to spend on

second

att should either do something about it instead of telling everyone to do something that does not work.....

60 of 102 (1,938 Views)