hyunbum11128's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 8:06 PM

connection problem with my macbook pro

hi i don't know why but whenever i am using my macbook on my wireless home network the connection dies and internet is unavailable for about a minute and comes back on and it does not happen with other computer which is not a macbook how do i fix this?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

13 years ago

I ALSO ADVISE TO SWITCH TO WIRELESS - B mode and/or switch to 24mbps maximum connection rate

or DTIM of 5

some combination of these settings is what makes the modem stable. Definitely the wireless-b only mode eliminates the RED light but the modem could still become unresponsive to clients. 

Employee

• 

442 Messages

13 years ago

you could change just one at a time and see what does it. Least then you would nail the culprit down for sure.

Try it in this order first.

1.) try changing back to G

If still positive connectivty

2.) try undoing your DTIM

if undoing both still gives you positive connectivty , then the IP scheme change was the culprit and changing it was the solution.

Least then you would know for sure what did it! which might be worth it to a lot of MAC users around here.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

13 years ago

To everyone,

Im about 95% sure the winning combination is wireless-b only mode AND change ip address pool to 172.16.x.x

David,

I've set the dtim and connection rate back to default....havent noticed instability....i think its finally working!

I'm happy! If I get anything new to report I will, but otherwise I'm happy, and I'm sure other people will be as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I am a 'technologically challenged' MacBook user on a 2Wire modem and am experiencing the exact same issues as you all are describing.  I've had a handful of technicians out to my home, spent hours on the phone with AT&T, received a new modem on Wednesday and I am still dropping the connection incessantly.  Can you please explain to me exactly how to do these two things?  I'm on a MacBook, not a MacBook pro, but hopefully someone will be able to lead me in the right direction.  I'm ready to toss my laptop and modem out the window right about now.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you so, so, so much for your help!  I did this shortly after your posting and have had zero connectivity issues since.  I am so happy not to have to deal with changing services over this.  Thanks again!!  

Employee

• 

442 Messages

13 years ago

Just a question to you...

I saw in one post where you were operating G and it was working and then B it's working as well. Is the change from G to B needed or no?

Again just to clear up any confusion from prior posts.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

13 years ago

the two must be combined

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

13 years ago

rock solid. I am glad ~I~ was able to help solve this issue.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

After a storm and the power going out, I couldn't get my bridged 2Wire and NetGear router to work.  I couldn't find the right 'combination' of resetting and such; so I tried just the 2Wire again.  Same problems..

I changed the address to 172.16.x.x as suggested.  It seems to work great!  One problem...

Now that I have changed the 2Wire address, I cannot log into the 2wire hardware using http://192.168.0.254.

What would the new address be that I need to type into my browser to access the hardware?

Thanks!

DUH!  THAT WAS A DUMB QUESTION!!  

NEVERMIND!!!

Thanks for the advice!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

My wife has had a problem staying connected to our 2wire for over a year since she bought it. No one was able to help, and I dreaded going to the support line again so I went on line and found your post, tried it, and it works perfectly! I appreciate you taking the time and your talent to post this fix. It was an enormous help!! Thank you!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.