The 2Wire device does not detect a DSL signal or is having problems connecting. To restore your internet connection, please refer to the diagram below and the step-by-step troubleshooting instructions that follow.
- Verify that the telephone cable is still properly connected between a working wall jack and the 2Wire device port labeled PHONE LINE or the 2Wire device port labeled DSL.
- If your 2Wire device is connected to a DSL phone filter, make sure it is connected to the filter port labeled DSL/HPNA or to the filter jack labeled DSL.
- Make sure that ALL phones, answering machines, or other devices which connect to a phone jack have a DSL phone filter attached. For detailed information about phone filters, please click on this link: Phone Filter Information
- After you have verified the above items, please click on this link in order to validate that your Internet connection is properly working: Check Connection Status
- Customers residing in AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, TN, NC and SC, please call 1-888-321-2375.
- Customers residing in all other states, please call 1-877-722-3755.
*** THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN ON MY WINDOWS 7 OR WINDOWS XP OR MY UBUNTU SYSTEM....ONLY WHEN USING MY WINDOWS 8 SYSTEM DO ERROR LIKE THIS TAKE PLACE...SO PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO CALL AT&T BECAUSE THEIR TESTS ALL SHOW NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THE DSL AND ALL MY OTHER COMPUTERS PROVE THAT AS WELL!!!!!