JFC31's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, February 21st, 2014 3:18 AM

Pairing a Netgear WM2500RP range extender with the Motorola NVG589 router

I'm having trouble pairing a Netgear WM2500RP range extender with the Motorola NVG589 router. I just moved from Charter to ATT uverse. The range extender was very easy to pair with Charter's router but it simply won't connect to the Motorola. Any ideas?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have AT&T DSL service in my office which is in the back of my house. In the front of my house the router signal is very weak and sometimes none at all. Is there a booster or signal extender that will work with my standaed AT&T router #7550 which is a Netgear product?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

@GeneCorn

I would suggest something like this instead of a repeater:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Extender-Powerline-Wireless-TL-WPA4220KIT/dp/B00HSQAIQU/

It uses your electrical wiring in your home to send data. One unit plugs in near your wireless gateway by Ethernet. The 2nd unit talks to the 1st using the electrical wiring and also broadcasts a wireless network and has an Ethernet port to connect wired devices to it. If you find that the wireless unit covers all that you need to be covered with wireless, you can disable the wireless on the Netgear to reduce interference. Please note that if you have a really old home, powerline adapters may not work all that great for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.