crazyfrog48's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 4th, 2014 12:25 AM

Not able to access specific web address on router

Hello, I'm Kelsey M. I've run into some problems. Maybe you can help?

I have a website, And it seems to me that only things that can't connect to it are the computers, phones, and other technology in my house. I get an error which will be posted below. I've tried multiple computers and devices in my house, none of them seem to work. But other people in other houses can!

Error Message:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find crazyfrogcraft.net

Access a cached copy of crazyfrogcraft.­net

Know the problem?

Other Information:

Model #: 3800HGV-B

Manufacturer: Pace Plc

Need anymore information that I didn't add? Please say so in the area below.

Please help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@crazyfrog48 wrote:

Hello, I'm Kelsey M. I've run into some problems. Maybe you can help?

I have a website, And it seems to me that only things that can't connect to it are the computers, phones, and other technology in my house. I get an error which will be posted below. I've tried multiple computers and devices in my house, none of them seem to work. But other people in other houses can!

Error Message:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find crazyfrogcraft.net

Access a cached copy of crazyfrogcraft.­net

Know the problem?

Other Information:

Model #: 3800HGV-B

Manufacturer: Pace Plc

Need anymore information that I didn't add? Please say so in the area below.

Please help!

It wouold appear that AT&T is blocking your site.

Are the "other people in other houses" AT&T customers?

I've tried it with Firefox and it times out.

I also can not ping it by domain name or IP address.

I do know that many people who have AT&T as a service provider have issues accessing sites hosted on GoDaddy/000Webhosting because AT&T will block them.

The problem is AT&T does not block by domain name, they block by IP address and GoDaddy/000Webhosting shares an IP address with multiple sites. If one of those sites offends AT&T, they block the IP address of that site. Unfortunately that also blocks any other site that uses that same IP address.

Currently any site that shares your IP is blocked.

My opinion is if you want to put up a family newsletter or just a presence on the web, free hosting is fine. If you want a serious server without issues you gonna have to shell out some money or at least more than $1.99 a month.

Or better yet get a static IP from AT&T and host your Minecraft site on your own computer(s).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.