For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Twiggy159's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 10:32 PM

No Way to Bridge Motorola 2210-02-1ATT Modem?

I've been trying for quite a while to get port forwarding enabled for my computer, yet it seems that this modem is blocking all my router's settings. I've seen that there is no way to exactly bridge the modem. Is this really the case?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

There are several variations of the Motorola 2210 however the proposed solution is for the ADSL version of the modem, not the U-Verse version and as a result will not work for the Motorola 2210-02-1ATT.

The Motorola 2210-02-1002 &Motorola 2210-02-1002 Bottom View.jpg & 2210-02-1022 (Silver case) are for AT&T DSL Service.  The solution proposed by Computer-Joe  should work for modems that have either of these specific model #'s however does not work for the Motorola 2210-02-1ATT (Black case) which is for for U-Verse Service.  The closest thing that the Motorola 2210-02-1ATT has to bridge mode is IP Passthrough mode.  Here is a link that explains how to set this up.

1 Attachment

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@Twiggy159 wrote:

I've been trying for quite a while to get port forwarding enabled for my computer, yet it seems that this modem is blocking all my router's settings. I've seen that there is no way to exactly bridge the modem. Is this really the case?

There is no actual setting for "Bridge Mode". What you need to do is log into the modem, go to the "Connection" page, and then to the "PPP Location" page and choose "PPP on computer", Then log into your router and enter the PPPoE connection settings (username/password) there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

There seem to be different versions of 2210-02-1 Motorola modems. On the back of mine, actually my son's old modem, it says "Style:MIPDSLA".  Under the Advanced tab of that modem, I don't see "PPP Location".  After spending more than hour on chat with tech support, I was told to call in to get more help. Wondering where to find the right modem that can be bridged.   I have plain DSL service, not U-Verse.  Any suggestions? Thx.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.