jlaurentp's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 2:23 PM

Closed

Netgear B90-755025-15 router/modem

Hi!

Anyone know about how to remotely connect to my Netgear (Versalink) B90-755025-15 modem/router? The only thing I need is "Remote Login" to the router, not port-forwarding. The remote login is a substitute of the http://192.168.1.254 local login when we can gain remote access to the configuration menu of the router. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@jlaurentp wrote:

Hi!

Anyone know about how to remotely connect to my Netgear (Versalink) B90-755025-15 modem/router? The only thing I need is "Remote Login" to the router, not port-forwarding. The remote login is a substitute of the http://192.168.1.254 local login when we can gain remote access to the configuration menu of the router. Thanks in advance!

I don't think any of AT&T's modem/router/gateway allow remote access other than an AT&T tech. There is no place in the user interface to enable it. The work-around would be to do a remote desktop in to one of your computers and access the router from there.

Any reason in particular why you would need access to your router?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Great opinion Computer-Joe!, I thought the same thing. I used this formula in order to open port-forward "on demand". My company has overseas partners and selective remote access is required from time to time.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation.
Good look!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T now has a software upgrade available here:

http://attcpeupgrade.com/index.html

After successfully upgrading the firmware you gain the option to set up remote access on the modem

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@mojorhino@  wrote:

AT&T now has a software upgrade available here:

http://attcpeupgrade.com/index.html

After successfully upgrading the firmware you gain the option to set up remote access on the modem

That would be a great site...   if it actually worked.

Some of it is still under construction, and some of it just don't work. It only allows you to use Firefox or Chrome (which it refers to as Netscape) for auto update, and the manual update button has no function attached to it. Not to mention, it only covers one modem out of many.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Have a netgear model number B90-755025-15 with blinking broadband light, this is for my step mom and dads home , they r not tech people by no means , I haven't messed with the modem/router since I installed it 2 years ago need help... It is sending wifi signal , but can not connect to the Internet , I've tried resetting the modem/router and still no help ....

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My sister just got a new wireless router and it's a model B90-7550

25-15. It keeps kicking off all of her devices and you can't get back on the internet until you restart the wireless router 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

3 years ago

Original post 9 years old and will be closed.  Please start a new thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.