Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2012
7:23:54 AM
View profile
Netgear B90-755025-15 router/modem

Hi!

Anyone know about how to remotely connect to my Netgear (Versalink) B90-755025-15 modem/router? The only thing I need is "Remote Login" to the router, not port-forwarding. The remote login is a substitute of the http://192.168.1.254 local login when we can gain remote access to the configuration menu of the router. Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Anyone know about how to remotely connect to my Netgear (Versalink) B90-755025-15 modem/router? The only thing I need is "Remote Login" to the router, not port-forwarding. The remote login is a substitute of the http://192.168.1.254 local login when we can gain remote access to the configuration menu of the router. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Netgear B90-755025-15 router/modem

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 19, 2012 10:10:15 AM
(0)
Master

jlaurentp wrote:

Hi!

I don't think any of AT&T's modem/router/gateway allow remote access other than an AT&T tech. There is no place in the user interface to enable it. The work-around would be to do a remote desktop in to one of your computers and access the router from there.

Any reason in particular why you would need access to your router?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

jlaurentp wrote:

Hi!

I don't think any of AT&T's modem/router/gateway allow remote access other than an AT&T tech. There is no place in the user interface to enable it. The work-around would be to do a remote desktop in to one of your computers and access the router from there.

Any reason in particular why you would need access to your router?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: Netgear B90-755025-15 router/modem

2 of 5 (30,733 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 5:25:25 PM
(0)
Contributor
Great opinion Computer-Joe!, I thought the same thing. I used this formula in order to open port-forward "on demand". My company has overseas partners and selective remote access is required from time to time.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation.
Good look!
Great opinion Computer-Joe!, I thought the same thing. I used this formula in order to open port-forward "on demand". My company has overseas partners and selective remote access is required from time to time.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation.
Good look!

3 of 5 (30,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 11:34:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T now has a software upgrade available here:

http://attcpeupgrade.com/index.html

After successfully upgrading the firmware you gain the option to set up remote access on the modem

After successfully upgrading the firmware you gain the option to set up remote access on the modem

4 of 5 (20,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 4:43:44 AM
(0)
Master

@mojorhino  wrote:

That would be a great site...   if it actually worked.

Some of it is still under construction, and some of it just don't work. It only allows you to use Firefox or Chrome (which it refers to as Netscape) for auto update, and the manual update button has no function attached to it. Not to mention, it only covers one modem out of many.

@mojorhino  wrote:

That would be a great site...   if it actually worked.

Some of it is still under construction, and some of it just don't work. It only allows you to use Firefox or Chrome (which it refers to as Netscape) for auto update, and the manual update button has no function attached to it. Not to mention, it only covers one modem out of many.

neon_sign.jpg

5 of 5 (12,879 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments