Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Dec 3, 2013
7:10:44 PM
View profile
NVG659 USB Port

Can a network drive be connected to the USB port on the back of the NVG589 router?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 4, 2013 7:25:59 AM
(0)
Employee
At time of release the USB port is disabled, have not heard anything different, or if will be activated in the future.

So to answer your question, you may connect any USB device to the port but do not expect the device to work.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

NVG659 USB Port

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 4, 2013 7:25:59 AM
(0)
Employee
At time of release the USB port is disabled, have not heard anything different, or if will be activated in the future.

So to answer your question, you may connect any USB device to the port but do not expect the device to work.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: NVG659 USB Port

2 of 4 (1,090 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 8:05:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

I assume the activation will require a firmware update

Will we get a notice of this if/when it happens?

Thanks!

3 of 4 (1,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 11:41:33 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @BucksGrad 

Firmware updates are normally prepared and released by a manufacturer, Arris/Motorola in this case I believe. I recommend checking with their support online or via email.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (850 Views)