Sim31's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 30th, 2013 4:47 AM

Motorola NVG510 U-Verse router work with just DSL?

I was wondering, My friend just gave me a Motorola NVG510 U-Verse router and I just have regular DSL, will this work with my regular DSL or is it just for Uverse only? I appreciate any help I can get!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Sim31 wrote:

I was wondering, My friend just gave me a Motorola NVG510 U-Verse router and I just have regular DSL, will this work with my regular DSL or is it just for Uverse only? I appreciate any help I can get!

Sorry, Uverse only.

If you have the old-style AT&T DSL it is ADSL/ATM. According to the specs, the NVG510 is for ADSL2/2+/PTM only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Alright,  I hooked it up and tried it out, but didnt have laptop with me to actually test it out but the power indicator and broadband indicator was working. This is on FastAccess 6.0 Business Line.  I talked to a AT&T Rep earlier and he said it should work with no problems. Just want to verify if thats true.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Sim31 wrote:

Alright,  I hooked it up and tried it out, but didnt have laptop with me to actually test it out but the power indicator and broadband indicator was working. This is on FastAccess 6.0 Business Line.  I talked to a AT&T Rep earlier and he said it should work with no problems. Just want to verify if thats true.

Unfortunately, 98% of the people you'd get on the phone would not know the difference and would more than likely just tell you what you want to hear so they can complete their call with a satisfied customer.

You can give it a try and see if it works. It's possible that the specs for the modem that AT&T has published are incorrect or incomplete. (Smiley Surprised not)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

You are right,  Talked to a tech support today and it actually didnt work at all.  Didnt have the PPoE settings on the router since it was for uverse only.  Out of half the day talking with them and transferred left to right,  There sending me a free router the right one brand new and they even put 1 day shipping on there, all for free! Cant complain!  Thanks Joe for your help and input.  I appreciate the help! Kudos to you definately! 😃 Happy New year to you also!

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

Glad to hear you were able to get the replacement so quickly. Hope there's no other issues.Smiley Very Happy

Stop back if you have any other questions, or just feel like participating on the forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.