bjvanxe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 7:22 PM

Modem password

My modem no longer accepts the password on the sticker on the modem. It has worked for over a year.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Your Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) network password is system generated and is used by the modem or router to authenticate and connect to the DSL network. Learn how to update your DSL network password.

Guru

• 

638 Messages

9 years ago

Are you confusing the wireless network password with the device access code (used to access the settings of your modem)?

Are you trying to access your modem settings or are you having trouble accessing your wireless network?

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Since you called it a modem, rather than a gateway, I will assume you are a legacy dsl customer rather than u-verse.

If you are trying to access your modem directly (thought you could only do that with routers, but hey, what do I know?) if the password has been changed somehow, there is an option to reset to factory defailts, and the password on the sticker should once again be valid.

to use your internet connection,  you need to use the network password, which is totally seperate from your account password.

if for some reason, you lost or forgot your network password, the only way *I* know to recover it it thru ATT customer service. (make sure you remember your security question answers.)

I don't have u-verse, so not sure exactly how the gateways work, but am guessting they are mnore like modems than not, so assume there authentification is more or less hard wired into them and either work, or they don't, in which case, the nice folks at customer service will need to help you re-establish the connection.

With the minimal inforation you provided, thats about the best guess I can make as to what might help you.   Good luck.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

@pedrochin wrote:

Are you confusing the wireless network password with the device access code (used to access the settings of your modem)?

Are you trying to access your modem settings or are you having trouble accessing your wireless network?

Good call.!!!!

I did not even think of the wi-fi connection.. Did not realize that was even a thing, except in gateway modems, but hey.. with no information for guidance, it's all a guess anyways.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.