Fairfield's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 2:45 PM

Installation damage: drip tubing line cut during cable burial

IMG_0574.JPGMay 2016 097 comp.jpg

Back in March AT&T ran cable from the box in one side of my yard over to the neighbor's house on the opposite side. I've just turned on my irrigation system and discovered that the line was cut. This is drip tubing, it sits at the soil surface, so it was visible when the cable was buried. The line can be seen in the pictures I took in March at the time the ground was marked (pic taken for my future reference so I'd be aware of what utilities were buried there). It looks like a fairly easy fix, and I'd like it taken care of soon so that the plants don't suffer too much (we are looking at a good seven days of 97 degree weather coming up). Thank you!

2 Attachments

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Fairfield,

We do not actually bury the cable, its a 3rd party contractor who does that and the company varies by area. So my best advice to you is to call the AT&T buried service wire people, I am sure they will have info on how to open up a claim. Their number is 1.800.924.9420. I am not sure if they work the weekend or not. But if you try this route and don't get anywhere then send me a private message and I will see what I can do for you.

-ATTDSLCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Fixed! I sent AT&T a private message here Saturday, heard back on the same day, and the line was repaired by the end of Monday. Impressive, I really appreciate the quick response!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you very much!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.