Glynn M's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 3:59 PM

How to Configure Cisco WRVS4400N to work with AT&T DSL Modem

Can anyone help me configure a Cisco WRVS4400N wireless router with an AT&T DSL modem? I can connect my laptop to the wireless router but I cannot connect to the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Solved my problem. Went thru all the steps again to set my modem to bridged then setup the wireless router.  The reason why it wouldn't work the first time was because I was using the wrong password.  I was using my AT&T email password rather than my AT&T dsl account password.

Working like a charm now.  3 computers all accessing the internet at the same time (2 desktops and 1 laptop).  

Thanks again for your time.

Glynn

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Glynn M wrote:

Solved my problem. Went thru all the steps again to set my modem to bridged then setup the wireless router.  The reason why it wouldn't work the first time was because I was using the wrong password.  I was using my AT&T email password rather than my AT&T dsl account password.

Working like a charm now.  3 computers all accessing the internet at the same time (2 desktops and 1 laptop).  

Thanks again for your time.

Glynn

Glad to here your up and running.  Stop back if you have any other problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them.

Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The second link in your solution takes you to a blank "help" screen. not to home networking how-to. Is there a "live" link somewhere? No one in tech is willing to help other than sending links to these posts. And then when the instruction links are dead or empty, it's very frustrating. Can't find any discussion involving my specific equipment.

I have a Linksys E1200 (Cisco) and a new ATT 888 NVG510 gateway and would like to keep my existing network. My printer with SPSS cannot find the ATT router. I've had conflicting advice on the gateway's "setup" button's functionality (or lack thereof). The printer is already set up on my existing network, plus my router is much stronger than the ATT equipment (5 bars at 12 feet versus 3 bars at 3 feet).

Alternately, a fix for getting  my Brother 2170W recognized would probably work because it is only a few feet from the "gateway".

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.