Glynn M's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 3:59 PM

How to Configure Cisco WRVS4400N to work with AT&T DSL Modem

Can anyone help me configure a Cisco WRVS4400N wireless router with an AT&T DSL modem? I can connect my laptop to the wireless router but I cannot connect to the internet. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

13 years ago

Hi Glynn M,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced and thank you for using AT&T Technical Support forums.

To configure your Cisco router to work with your AT&T DSL modem, you will need to set the DSL modem to bridged mode and then set the Cisco router to PPPoE mode.

Please refer to these articles for step by step instructions on how to configure your modem to work with your router : 

How to connect a third party router to my AT&T internet connection : 

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401764&cvreset=true

How to set up home networking and enable bridge mode : 

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401538&cvreset=true

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to post your reply on this thread or you may call our AT&T Connectech service who can assist you with third party software and hardware. You can reach our AT&T Connectech team at 866-294-3464. Our AT&T Connectech service is available everyday from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm CT.

For quick answers, make the new AT&T Help site your first stop. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/ where you'll find pages of product information to assist you.

Thank you for choosing AT&T where we value your Business.Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions," you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. That will help other users find this information too! 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

I followed the steps in the two AT&T self-help articles:  configuring DSL modem and setting up bridging mode on modem.

No luck connecting to internet.

Called the support line at AT&T.  Tech had no ispecific info on configuring Cisco wireless router.  Back to starting point.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

What modem are you using?

What computer type and operating system are you using?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them.

Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Modem:  Motorola (silver)

Computer:  Dell running XP with 2 gig memory

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

More specifically, Computer: Dell XPS Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz with 2 gb RAM running XP Modem: Motorola 2210-02-1022 (silver)

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

OK, following these instructions (http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401538#fbid=hRUBP7er7xx) with the computer hardwired (ethernet) to the modem were you able to set the modem to "Bridged" mode?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them.

Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Yes, I was able to set the modem to bridged mode.  The AT&T support person had me reset the modem to restore my original settings.  My modem is back to square one.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Glynn M wrote:

Yes, I was able to set the modem to bridged mode.  The AT&T support person had me reset the modem to restore my original settings.  My modem is back to square one.

OK, if by square one you mean factory defaults, did you enter your user name and password and the modem connected alright and you could get online with your computer hardwired to the modem? After that did you set it back to bridged mode?

Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Factory defaults and then modem connected alright and could get online with computer hardwired to modem. I did not set it back to bridge mode.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Glynn M wrote:
Factory defaults and then modem connected alright and could get online with computer hardwired to modem. I did not set it back to bridge mode.

Well, your online if that's satisfactory, we can stop here. If you'd like to go on and try getting your Cisco working we can go on.

Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.