For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Joe_standlee's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 5th, 2015 6:28 PM

DSL line

Ok so I have a house that has DSL and I have another house on the same property so here is my question I would like to have DSL at my other house but AT&T says it's not available even though my house is 100 feet away from the other so what would I have to do to get a line ran to my other house for Internet and how much would it cost

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

why not just run the line with dsl that you already have to the other house and share? 100 feet is not that much electrically, and anyways, you can get you can always get a device called a loop extender, that will boost your telephone signal so you can run your phone wire longer, and still get a usable signal.

Just a though. good luck either way.

OH, more likly, what the company is saying is, they can put in the phone line, and voice phone service, but they don't have any open ports to add another dsl connection, until/unless someone disconects and their port is open.

A lot of places have a waiting list to get a port once it opens. one can always ask to be put on it.

OH! the option of using a wifi router to share internet with the other house pops into my mind as well.

Either way, good luck, and please, let us know what your outcome is. we really want to know.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.