BONGBO's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013 3:49 AM

2wire, bridge, modem...

Hello I bought a 2wire thinking it will work in connecting several systems and it does not connect please advise.  I have the highest dsl speed and still 2wire does not work. 

Also I have an xbxo 360 and cannot connect without a brdige and another cisco router to connect to one modem.  However there is only one dsl ether net connection and it does not connect the three connections properly.  Is the ethernet cord connection to go from the bridge to cisco router to modem?  or cisco router to bridge then to modem?  If so how? 

Also the last tech to my house connected the switch for internet access only to one room.  Last time he reconnected it to another room.  Is there anyway to tell him to connect all rooms?  Or how to check on your end if all rooms are connected?  thx.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@BONGBO wrote:

Hello I bought a 2wire thinking it will work in connecting several systems and it does not connect please advise.  I have the highest dsl speed and still 2wire does not work. 

Also I have an xbxo 360 and cannot connect without a brdige and another cisco router to connect to one modem.  However there is only one dsl ether net connection and it does not connect the three connections properly.  Is the ethernet cord connection to go from the bridge to cisco router to modem?  or cisco router to bridge then to modem?  If so how? 

Also the last tech to my house connected the switch for internet access only to one room.  Last time he reconnected it to another room.  Is there anyway to tell him to connect all rooms?  Or how to check on your end if all rooms are connected?  thx.

BONGBO,

I can't answer all of these questions but have a few pointers. I do know your DSL run will be wall, modem, router and then computer. The first thing you want to hook up before anything is your modem just to verify that that is a go. Is any of this equipment wireless? There's a few Network settings that you will be dealing with as well. I have only that little bit to offer and if your still in the dark you should reach out to the ATTCustomer care support team. Send them a private message by following the fourth  link below, include your name, email address, phone number and the best time to be reached, please allow upwards of 48 hrs for a team member to contact you. I have also included three other links for your reading pleasure that might help you out as well.

Setting up a non ATT provided modem

Setting up a Wireless Network

Installing ATT service

Private Message

James

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.