Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 6, 2013
1:48:56 PM
View profile
direct tv and google tv

I have direct tv and logitech google tv but i do not have an hd receiver. Is there another way i can make this work?

I have direct tv and logitech google tv but i do not have an hd receiver. Is there another way i can make this work?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 6, 2013 2:17:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Google TV does not support DirecTV anyway, so dont worry about it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

direct tv and google tv

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 6, 2013 2:17:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: direct tv and google tv

2 of 8 (121 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 4:34:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

"Google TV does not support DirecTV"? @peds48 is wrong once again. And "don't worry about it"? What kind of advice is that?

Just run HDMI from DirecTV to Google TV, then out to your television. Go through Google TV setup and tell it which DirecTV model you have. Works fine.

You can even program the Showcase app with the channels you get on DirecTV.

If you don't have an good receiver, save your money. I have a Marantz that works great. Look for open boxes and returns. Meanwhile just run the HDMI straight to your TV.

When you do get an AV Receiver, run both HDMI and Fiber Optic cables to your receiver, then HDMI to your TV. This is because the Logitech does not pass Dolby surrsound via HDMI. Also configure your receiver to get sound via the optical cable.

"Google TV does not support DirecTV"? @peds48 is wrong once again. And "don't worry about it"? What kind of advice is that?

Just run HDMI from DirecTV to Google TV, then out to your television. Go through Google TV setup and tell it which DirecTV model you have. Works fine.

You can even program the Showcase app with the channels you get on DirecTV.

If you don't have an good receiver, save your money. I have a Marantz that works great. Look for open boxes and returns. Meanwhile just run the HDMI straight to your TV.

When you do get an AV Receiver, run both HDMI and Fiber Optic cables to your receiver, then HDMI to your TV. This is because the Logitech does not pass Dolby surrsound via HDMI. Also configure your receiver to get sound via the optical cable.

3 of 8 (121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 7:39:09 AM
(0)
Expert

When anyone answers literally tens of thousands of posts they are bound to misspeak on occasion.  A kinder approach would be in order.

Here is a link with some contact phone numbers should you need them.

DIRECTV Will DIRECTV Work with Google TV?

When anyone answers literally tens of thousands of posts they are bound to misspeak on occasion.  A kinder approach would be in order.

Here is a link with some contact phone numbers should you need them.

DIRECTV Will DIRECTV Work with Google TV?

4 of 8 (121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 5:25:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I guess wants to even the score!  so far is 20 wrong answers for him/her and one wrong for me!   lol

I guess wants to even the score!  so far is 20 wrong answers for him/her and one wrong for me!   lol

5 of 8 (121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 10:56:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

@dcd You are correct, sorry.

@peds I've noticed you have supplied many useful answers, but you also supplied answers that are not helpful, or just wrong.

Evidently there is some point system on this board, and I could care less. I try to be helpful when I can, and I do not answer questions when I don't know the answer. I've posted one wrong answer as far as I know, and I corrected it.

I also never post anything that does not contribute to the discussion. I don't have time to waste, and I would never wish to waste other's time.

@dcd You are correct, sorry.

@peds I've noticed you have supplied many useful answers, but you also supplied answers that are not helpful, or just wrong.

Evidently there is some point system on this board, and I could care less. I try to be helpful when I can, and I do not answer questions when I don't know the answer. I've posted one wrong answer as far as I know, and I corrected it.

I also never post anything that does not contribute to the discussion. I don't have time to waste, and I would never wish to waste other's time.

6 of 8 (121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 11:05:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

network the TV if it is HD you will get HD

network the TV if it is HD you will get HD

7 of 8 (121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 2:24:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Here you go.  Google TV does not support playlist integration which is one of the best feature of this product

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/TV-Solutions/ct-p/cat-smart-tv

Here you go.  Google TV does not support playlist integration which is one of the best feature of this product

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/TV-Solutions/ct-p/cat-smart-tv

8 of 8 (121 Views)