Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 24, 2013
5:40:06 AM
View profile
Video streaming is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error

Video streaming is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error -1100

I have attempted to play a number of items using my laptop operating on Windows 7. I am unable to play any media using the DTV2PC player. I have read a number of threads highlighting the issue, however, within these threads I see no resolution offered. Are people still experiencing this issue? Has a resolution been provided?

Video streaming is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error -1100

I have attempted to play a number of items using my laptop operating on Windows 7. I am unable to play any media using the DTV2PC player. I have read a number of threads highlighting the issue, however, within these threads I see no resolution offered. Are people still experiencing this issue? Has a resolution been provided?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 25, 2013 9:34:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Being located outside the US is an important detail.  You will not be able to access this stuff from outside the US.  And the PC with the DirecTV2PC software must be on the same local area network as your DirecTV DVR(s).  And, of course, those DVRs won't work outside the US, either.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Video streaming is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 6:54:37 AM
(0)
Expert

The streaming of programming to a computer has become complex and confusing.  There are a number of different systems available so in order to troubleshoot, it's important that you are sure which you're having difficulty with and then tell us exactly what the problems are.

• Directv2PC is a software application on a computer that streams in HD programming that is recorded on a networked HD DVR.  It only operates within the home network.
  • Directv Everywhere is a player that is accessed online from the Directv website.
  • GenieGO is a hardware device connected to your system in home and allows playback of programs recorded on your HD DVR (not in HD) both in home and out.  You can also record programming on the PC for playback when no network is available.

Which do you have?

The streaming of programming to a computer has become complex and confusing.  There are a number of different systems available so in order to troubleshoot, it's important that you are sure which you're having difficulty with and then tell us exactly what the problems are.

• Directv2PC is a software application on a computer that streams in HD programming that is recorded on a networked HD DVR.  It only operates within the home network.
  • Directv Everywhere is a player that is accessed online from the Directv website.
  • GenieGO is a hardware device connected to your system in home and allows playback of programs recorded on your HD DVR (not in HD) both in home and out.  You can also record programming on the PC for playback when no network is available.

Which do you have?

Re: Video streaming is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error

2 of 9 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 7:47:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

Directv Everywhere is the software I am attempting to use.

T

Directv Everywhere is the software I am attempting to use.

T

3 of 9 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 4:43:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

98% of the time is your firewall blocking the access

98% of the time is your firewall blocking the access

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 11:20:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Windows Firewall is disabled. I have also paused my anti virus protection and the results remain unchanged.

Windows Firewall is disabled. I have also paused my anti virus protection and the results remain unchanged.

5 of 9 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 7:36:19 AM
(0)
Expert

If you have virus protection it's a good bet the program you're running has a firewall as well.  I'd double check for a firewall and check your router for one as well.

If you have virus protection it's a good bet the program you're running has a firewall as well.  I'd double check for a firewall and check your router for one as well.

6 of 9 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 8:03:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

I can confirm that my Anti-Virus software is not active and no firewall is present. I cannot confirm if my router is limiting service it is a shared router controlled by my landlord. One item of importance that I failed to mention is that I am currently located in Germany attempting to access the service, is the service available outside of the US?

I can confirm that my Anti-Virus software is not active and no firewall is present. I cannot confirm if my router is limiting service it is a shared router controlled by my landlord. One item of importance that I failed to mention is that I am currently located in Germany attempting to access the service, is the service available outside of the US?

7 of 9 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 9:24:05 AM
(0)
Expert

The service is only reachable within a special area which includes the USA, Latin America and the Anglophone Caribbean. Outside this area, all the customers of Directv won’t be able to access to the contents. A blocking system prevent every user from accessing the site. This blocking is due to licensing rights: the company didn’t purchase the rights for an international broadcasting. There it is constrained to block the access.

The service is only reachable within a special area which includes the USA, Latin America and the Anglophone Caribbean. Outside this area, all the customers of Directv won’t be able to access to the contents. A blocking system prevent every user from accessing the site. This blocking is due to licensing rights: the company didn’t purchase the rights for an international broadcasting. There it is constrained to block the access.

8 of 9 (104 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 25, 2013 9:34:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Being located outside the US is an important detail.  You will not be able to access this stuff from outside the US.  And the PC with the DirecTV2PC software must be on the same local area network as your DirecTV DVR(s).  And, of course, those DVRs won't work outside the US, either.

9 of 9 (104 Views)
Solution