Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 17, 2013
12:56:41 PM
View profile
DirecTV2PC says playlist empty but it is not

Software worked fine until yesterday.  It loads fine, connects fine, but says I have no recorded programs.  Obviously I do in fact have many recorded programs.  I removed and reinstalled the software but nothing changed.  I do not have a firewall running.

Software worked fine until yesterday.  It loads fine, connects fine, but says I have no recorded programs.  Obviously I do in fact have many recorded programs.  I removed and reinstalled the software but nothing changed.  I do not have a firewall running.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 1:12:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try resetting your DVR (red button behind front panel access card door).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

DirecTV2PC says playlist empty but it is not

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 1:12:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DirecTV2PC says playlist empty but it is not

2 of 5 (79 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:42:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

@litzdog911 -

Yup, that fixed it.  Seems like I have to reboot this stupid Genie every day for one reason or another.  Lately it's randomly decided to stop listening to 2/3 of my remote commands.  Things like page up/down or the arrow keys will stop responding, but it will still open the guide.  Reset the DVR and voila it's fine again.  So far I'm HATING the new Genie after having the HR-20 for years and never having problems like this.

@litzdog911 -

Yup, that fixed it.  Seems like I have to reboot this stupid Genie every day for one reason or another.  Lately it's randomly decided to stop listening to 2/3 of my remote commands.  Things like page up/down or the arrow keys will stop responding, but it will still open the guide.  Reset the DVR and voila it's fine again.  So far I'm HATING the new Genie after having the HR-20 for years and never having problems like this.

3 of 5 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 6:13:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Glad to hear. Enjoy!

Glad to hear. Enjoy!

4 of 5 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 3:36:11 AM
(0)
Expert

Note that the GenieGO is not Directv2PC, that is a totally different feature and uses a computer and a HD DVR, no GenieGO box is used.

Note that the GenieGO is not Directv2PC, that is a totally different feature and uses a computer and a HD DVR, no GenieGO box is used.

5 of 5 (79 Views)